8. Ghosts Can't All Be Not Famous.

"I'm the most insufferable piece of trash wrapped in a Hollywood fantasy ever."

The words leave Oliver's mouth so easily as he walks away from Shayne's apartment, his heart heavy with regret and longing.

1. He can't believe how quickly he screwed this up.

2. He had hoped that the contract idea would provide a compromise, not a death sentence.

3. He hopes Penelope doesn't kill him for lying about her bringing him here. In reality, he's paid one of the lazier assistants on the show an insane amount of money to drive him here (he got Shayne's address from the call sheet) so he can be an idiot.

4. He hopes Penelope doesn't kill him for not just discreetly cutting this off like she asked him to instead of the contract he preferred (they had come to a compromise).

Walking through the streets, his mind races with thoughts of what could have been.

He remembers he used to play this game as a little kid. He'd wish for something so hard and then make his parents guess what he wanted. He was insufferable then too, but they were much more simpler times than being an asshole.

He never wanted to hurt Shayne, but he also couldn't ignore what this could lead to. It feels like an impossible choice between a possibility and his dreams.

As he walks, Oliver's phone buzzes in his pocket. He pulls it out to see a text from Penelope, his agent and friend. It reads:

"Oliver, we need to talk. Meet me at the office ASAP."

A wave of anxiety washes over him. He knows Penelope well enough to know that this meeting isn't going to be pleasant. He knows he couldn't fool her with this impromptu visit, but he knows he had to try.

"I might as well lay my head on the guillotine now," he grumbles, as he finally makes it to the parked black vehicle, knocks on the door, and throws himself in.

"How'd your business go?" The assistant asks him, to which he only replies with a pissed-off glare.

"I'm gonna go with not good," the assistant says, to which Oliver decides he deserves a gold star and participation medal.

"We've got one more stop mate," he finally says with a heavy sigh.

The assistant hand him his phone and Oliver plugs in the address to Pen's office, dreading being told off for a second time today. He knows he has a lot to explain, and he hopes that Penelope will understand his intentions, even if there's no chance in hell she'll agree with them.

Oliver's anxiety grows as the car weaves through the busy streets of downtown Los Angeles. The city buzzes with energy, but all he can focus on is Pen's wrath.

Finally, the car comes to a stop in front of Pen's office building. It's a sleek, glass-covered high-rise that stands tall among the surrounding buildings. Oliver takes a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves before stepping out onto the bustling sidewalk.

As he enters the building, he's greeted by the cool blast of air conditioning and the busy atmosphere of the lobby. The receptionist gives him a polite nod as he walks by, knowing exactly where he needs to go. He steps into the elevator and presses the button for the 14th floor.

The elevator doors open to a sleek, modern corridor adorned with framed movie posters and photographs of Pen's clients. Oliver walks past them, feeling a mix of awe and trepidation. He knows that Pen has worked hard to build her reputation as a tough and successful agent, and he doesn't want to disappoint her.

He reaches Pen's office door, a solid oak structure with her name etched in gold lettering. Oliver hesitates for a moment, taking a deep breath to gather himself, before knocking lightly.