36. The Second First Date, I Guess?

OK, in hindsight, maybe a second first date to Disneyland in the middle of a scandal isn't exactly the smartest of ideas.

"Everyone's staring at us," he says to Oliver as the Australian is shoving a piece of popcorn in his mouth.

That's when Oliver reaches into his pocket, producing two sets of Mickey and Minnie ears, one in red and one in pink. He places the Mickey ears on his head and offers the Minnie ears to Shayne.

"Let's give them a show," Oliver says.

Shayne chuckles, his eyes sparkling with delight. "You didn't."

Oliver nods, his smile widening. "I did. Can't enjoy the Disney spirit without the ears. I grabbed them while you were taking a leak, I think the woman running the stand was an 'Unfiltered' fan. I swear she was giving me a death glare."

Shayne doesn't hesitate, taking the Minnie ears and placing them on his head. He looks at Oliver, a playful twinkle in his eyes. "I have to say, Mr. Henderson, you make a dashing Mickey."

Oliver laughs, adjusting his ears. "And you, Mr. Bennett, make a stunning Minnie. A shame they didn't have any kangaroo and koala ears though."

"An absolute tragedy," Shayne says.

Shayne looks around, taking in the sights of Disneyland, their matching Mickey and Minnie ears now adorning their heads. He can't help but chuckle as he sees the curious glances from passersby, some smiling in amusement while others give them quizzical looks.

"Alright, Mr. Henderson, since you've taken charge of the ears, what's next on our agenda?" Shayne asks/

Oliver ponders for a moment. "Well, Mr. Bennett, I say we start with something thrilling. How about we conquer the Matterhorn?"

Shayne's eyebrows shoot up. "The Matterhorn? You want to dive right into one of the most intense roller coasters in the park?"

Oliver nods. "Absolutely! I love a good old-fashioned adrenaline rush. It's a great way to get our blood pumping."

Shayne laughs, unable to resist Oliver's infectious enthusiasm. "Alright, partner, let's do it. Lead the way."

They make their way to the towering Matterhorn, joining the queue with other eager thrill-seekers. As they wait, Shayne can't help but notice a group of kids staring at their ears and whispering to each other.

Oliver leans closer to Shayne, his voice filled with amusement. "I think we've become the center of attention, mate. Seems like our Mickey and Minnie ears are causing quite the stir."

Shayne grins, playing along. "Well, it's not every day you see two grown men who just get outed to the world, one of them very famous, sporting these iconic ears with such style and grace. We're breaking new fashion grounds here."

Oliver chuckles. "Absolutely. I can already see the headlines: 'Sholiver Sets New Disney Fashion Trend.'"

Shayne lets out a laugh, the sound mingling with the excited chatter around them. "Not you too!"

 The line inches forward, and soon it's their turn to board the roller coaster.

Strapped in, the ride begins with a jolt, sending them hurtling through twists and turns. Shayne can't help but scream at the top of his lungs, his laughter mixing with the rush of adrenaline. He steals glances at Oliver, who's grinning from ear to ear, his laughter ringing out alongside Shayne's. It's genuine joy, probably something he hasn't gotten to experience without a camera shoved in his face in forever.

As they get off the ride, their hearts pounding and their hair a mess, Shayne turns to Oliver, catching his breath. "Well, that was something! I'm surprised the ears survived, to be honest!"