18. You're Probably Going To Have To Sedate Me.

Shayne does in fact have to get on another plane, and as his sister drops him off at the airport, he is all but certain he's going to start hyperventilating.

"Just breathe," Lily says, trying to calm him down. "You know you have like one in 11 million odds of dying in a plane crash."

Shayne's eyes widen, clearly terrified. "Yeah, but what were my odds of my parachute not opening?"

Lily purses her lips, realizing that her teasing may not have been the best choice. She reaches out and places a comforting hand on Shayne's arm. "I'm sorry, little bro. I didn't mean to make you more anxious. You'll be okay, I promise. Just remember to take deep breaths and distract yourself during the flight."

Shayne nods, trying to find some semblance of calmness amidst his fear. "Thanks, Lily. I'll try."

Lily smiles gently, her eyes filled with concern. "And Shayne, regardless of what happens with Ethan or Oliver, remember that your future as a writer should be your priority. Follow your heart, have fun, but don't let the distractions of this show derail your dreams. You're incredibly talented, and I believe in you."

Shayne's tense shoulders relax slightly, a mixture of gratitude and determination filling his gaze. "You're right."

As they exchange a heartfelt sibling moment, the airport announcements blare over the speakers, reminding them of the imminent departure. Lily gives Shayne one final hug before he grabs his bags and heads toward the security checkpoint.

Once through security, Shayne finds himself in the bustling airport, surrounded by people hurrying to their gates. He scans the crowd, his heart racing with anticipation and nerves. And then he sees him.

Oliver stands at the gate, leaning against a pillar with a small smile on his face. He's wearing a casual outfit, a button-up shirt, tight-fitting jeans, and a red scarf. His hands are casually tucked into his pockets. The sight of him instantly calms Shayne's racing heart, filling him with a sense of warmth and familiarity.

As Shayne approaches, Oliver's smile widens, and he steps forward.  "Hey, you made it. I'm glad you're here."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, even though I'm probably about to wish I had a sedative," Shayne says.

Oliver's eyes sparkle with excitement. "You'll live. We can't all get taken out on the same flight right?"

Shayne nods, his gaze shifting beyond Oliver to the other contestants gathering at the gate. Harper, Chloe, Sophia, and Liz stand together, their expressions a mix of anticipation and eagerness. It's a strange feeling seeing them after his rendezvous with Oliver in the garden. There's almost a bit of guilt there honestly.

The group gathers, chatting and sharing anecdotes, momentarily forgetting the cameras and the upcoming challenges. It's a reminder that behind the reality show, they can be people.

As the boarding call echoes through the terminal, Shayne takes one last look around the airport, the familiar surroundings giving way to a sense of excitement and the unknown. He and Oliver give each other a nod before boarding gets underway.

***

Shayne steps onto the plane and is immediately taken aback by the luxurious surroundings of first class. Plush leather seats, ample legroom, and a personal entertainment system await him. He can't help but feel surprised that the network has splurged on this level of comfort for the contestants and crew (he can probably thank nearly dying for that).

"First class? Seriously?" Shayne mutters to himself, taking in the extravagant surroundings. "I never thought I'd see the day."

He settles into his seat, enjoying the feeling of the soft leather against his skin. The flight attendants make their way down the aisle, offering drinks and snacks to the passengers. Shayne can't help but feel a twinge of guilt, knowing that there are people in coach class who don't have the same level of comfort.