7. I'll Keep Dancing (With Or Without You).

"This is absolutely batshit insane," Max is saying to him.

"You know, for once I agree with your axe murderer roommate over here," Lily says.

It's the next morning and Shayne wishes he had been accused of witchcraft and been burnt at the stake. Oliver had left things yesterday with a big question mark, and Shayne isn't sure what to make of things now. All he knows is that he needs more coffee, and this sit down with the two most important people in his life was an terrible idea.

"This was a terrible idea," he says, as he heads over to the Keurig in the apartment and throws in another cup.

"How long was the kiss? Did y'all use tongue?" Max asks.

"What about the show?" Lily asks. "Those poor girls. Is he going to cancel it or keep going along with it? This just seems like a big mess Shayne."

Shayne knows it's a mess. Knows there isn't an easy way out of this that lands him his dream job and lets Oliver keep his fancy career other than flat-out denial. He can't even imagine what Penelope's going to say when Oliver tells her; or if he does.

"You're gross. You're gross. I don't know and I don't know," Shayne says, answering the string of questions in order as the machine chugs out a fresh cup.

He's thankful it's the weekend, he has time to think things over without worrying about filming again, but there's also no way to say Oliver today without being incredibly vulnerable after that kiss. God he can't stop thinking about that kiss.

Max and Lily exchange a knowing glance, sensing Shayne's internal struggle. Max leans against the kitchen counter, his arms crossed, while Lily takes a seat on a barstool.

"Shayne, you have to figure out what you want," Max says, his voice filled with concern. "Do you want to test this shit out, consequences be damned? Or do you want to prioritize your career and avoid the storm?"

Shayne takes a sip of his coffee as soon as it's ready, trying to gather his thoughts. The warmth of the liquid, a temporary distraction, if only momentarily. He knows he can't avoid making a decision forever.

"It's not that simple, Max," Shayne says, his voice tinged with frustration. "This wasn't supposed to happen. I can't just throw everything I'm working for away, but I can't deny there's something there."

Lily interjects, her tone sympathetic. "I get it, Shayne, but you also need to consider the reality of the situation. This is a high-stakes game. If it gets out it's going to hit you hard."

Max steps closer, his voice firm. "And what about Oliver? Have you thought about how this could affect him? He's in the public eye, facing scrutiny from the media and his fans. Are you ready to stand by him through all of that?"

Shayne's shoulders sag the weight of his emotions and the magnitude of the situation pressing down on him. He takes a deep breath, trying to steady himself.

"I care about Oliver, I do," Shayne admits, his voice laced with vulnerability. "But I also don't want to jeopardize his career. I don't want to become a liability for him."

Lily leans forward, her expression filled with empathy. "If it's something worth fighting for, then you should fight for it. It's just, you haven't known this guy for long. I want you to be careful."

Max nods in agreement. "Lily's right.  Chaos is a ladder. It might not be easy, but if it's what you want, it'll come."

Lily stares back at Max with an annoyed look on her face. "Did you just quote Games of Thrones?"

Max winks. "Even us axe murderers like our bad television."

Shayne looks at his sister and roommate, knowing they mean well in their own ways. Still trying to wrap his head around how he feels.