25. OK, So This Is Bad But Also Kind Of Good.

The Twitter comments are JUST AS BAD (if not worse) as Shayne was expecting:

@RealityFan247: Wait, is Oliver sneaking around with someone behind the scenes? This can't be happening! 😱 #Unfiltered #Scandal

@TVAddict101: Just when I thought this season couldn't get any crazier, now we have Oliver embroiled in a secret affair? Poor ladies if this is true. 😢 #Unfiltered #LoveBomb

@ShipsSailin: OMG, imagine being Sophia, Harper, Chloe, or Liz right now! If the rumor is true, they must be devastated. Sending them all the love and strength. 💔❤️ #Unfiltered #Heartbroken

@RealityWatchdog: Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed if Oliver is playing games behind the scenes. It seemed like he had a real connection with the remaining contestants. 😕 #Unfiltered #Disappointed

@CarLady83: Oliver, Oliver, Oliver... what were you thinking? The drama just keeps getting juicier on #Unfiltered. Can't wait to see how this plays out!

@RealityJunkie22: I can't even keep up with all the twists and turns on this show. Oliver better have some serious explaining to do if this rumor is true! #Unfiltered #CaughtRedHanded

@HopelessRomantic76: I've been rooting for Oliver since day one, but if he's cheatinggggg #OliverIsOverParty

The last hashtag used is trending actually, and Shayne makes a note that Oliver will probably want to curl into a ball and die if (and when) he sees it. He's sliding the phone discretely back into his pocket as Penelope continues her lecture.

"You," Penelope is saying, pointing at Oliver from the chairs she's put them both in her hotel room (the determined crisis room for now). "You promised me you wouldn't be an idiot! That you'd focus on your career and push through."

She's pacing back and forth. Shayne can spot an empty pack of cigarettes on her bedside table that he's sure she's all but blazed through in the past few hours.

When Oliver doesn't say anything, failing to meet her eyes, she turns to Shayne; nearly melting him with them.

"And you promised to be careful even if you were both idiots!"

"Um," Shayne says. "Sorry."

That sends Penelope over a very fragile edge. "No, you'd be sorry if there was proof to indicate you in all of this and not just him. Thankfully, I can do damage control for just him; call in a favor a couple of Aussie paps owe me. If someone had seen you though Mister American? You'd be groveling at my damn feet begging me to put you out of your misery you ungrateful-"

"That's enough Pen," Oliver says, finally breaking the silence while standing up to meet her gaze, a whole head taller.

Shayne has to admit it's a ballsy move just to defend him and makes a mental reminder to write Oliver a cool obit if Penelope kills him (because that's the only thing he'll be writing if he's caught in all of this).

"I'm tired of you holding your connections over me like you're a damn puppet master," Oliver's screaming. "We were friends first, and you treat me like I'm just supposed to be this unfeeling pretty white boy."

Penelope purses her lips, her fingers reaching towards her pocket, but coming up with nothing (Shayne guesses she thought she had more cigarettes).

"OK," she says, crossing her arms in defeat but also eerily determined. "Here's how this is going to go then, friend. We have two options."

She takes a dramatic pause, Oliver and Shayne looking back and forth between themselves as she draws out the suspense.

"Option one, I do nothing. I drop you as a client, this thing gets out, blows up and you take the collateral from there. You'll both likely be pariahs by the end of the week and will never work in Hollywood again."