13. Did You Think We Were Gonna Hug It Out?

"I can't believe for as much trash as you talk you still read that garbage."

The words leave Max's mouth, but Shayne honestly has to admit that reading Twitter comments to get out of his funk has turned into a guilty pleasure:

@RomanticDreamer: That talent show was surprisingly entertaining! I loved Chloe's heartfelt storytelling and Liz's magic show. #Unfiltered #TalentShow

@ComedyFanatic: Harper's impromptu interview had me laughing so hard! She's a natural comedian. #Unfiltered #HarperForTheWin

@BeautyObsessed: Ava's beauty and seduction tutorial was so cringe-worthy. Can we move on from this superficiality? #Unfiltered #SkillsNotLooks

@ThrillSeeker: Did anyone else notice that romantic tension between Chloe and Oliver during the date? It's making me nervous about Sophia's chances. #LoveTriangle

@Jokester23: My pinky toe is more talented than these hoes. #EyeRoll

@ConspiracyJunkie: Heard a rumor that someone got seriously hurt in between this and the last episode. Wonder what they're hiding from us? #Unfiltered #CoverUp

"Call it my daily dose of masochism, along with the coffee that's slowly killing me," Shayne says, as he's taking a sip of the massive cup Lily's fixed him.

Max takes a hesitant sip of his cold brew in response.

They're both sitting in her shop the next morning after his sister let him know the night before that she'd be too busy with the Health Department today to take him back to work (not that he wants to be there).

It's as frantically busy as it was the last two times Shayne was there, but she's handling it like a pro. It's a nice distraction to see her flourish while his own life burst into flames.

The corners of Max's mouth eventually turn up into a smile. "So, heard from the other lover boy in this suddenly dramatic triangle thingy you got going on; or you calling it a wrap with coffee?"

Shayne sighs, knowing that he definitely can't avoid the 'Ethan of it all' forever. It feels like two worlds are tearing him apart, competing for every drop of his attention. He almost wishes he was back making baby food commercials where things were a thousand times easier (nah scratch that, that shit was gross).

"He told me he was fine with taking things slow," Shayne says.

"And you believed him?" Max asks.

Shayne shrugs, sinking further down into the comfy seat, knowing they have to be on the road soon if he's going to make it by call time.

"You're a guy too man," Max says. "You know our asses are low-key lying sensitive bastards. He's probably doing everything he can to avoid asking you out again. Surprised he hasn't already honestly."

Shayne can't help but feel guilty, knowing a guy who's genuinely interested in him with no strings attached is being left on the hook.

"I miss the simpler days when I could just focus on getting my work seen," Shayne says.

"Well, let's be honest here buddy, you haven't written anything in ages, and the drama of this is like a thousand times more interesting than anything you have cooking anyway. You consider a memoir?"

Shayne rolls his eyes. "You're such an ass."

Max smiles, sucking down the rest of his cold brew. "I'm your ass. Also, did you see what I just did with my mouth? Could be doing that with your New Jersey dude if you'd just get out of your head."

Shayne is mortified.

"You are gross and need mental help immediately."

"Finally something I can agree with," Lily's voice says, seemingly coming out of nowhere as she smacks Max on the head and forces him to scoot over so she can grab a seat.