21. There's Something Happening In Room 569.

"I'm kind of doing something stupid I definitely shouldn't be doing, and will regret in the morning. I need you to talk me out of it."

They're words coming out of Shayne's mouth over the phone to Lily (thank God for international plans to rant to your sibling) as he's shoving his toothbrush into his mouth.

It's the same night of the solo date he was forced to chaperone AGAIN, and as glad as he is that it's over, he can't shake the image of a VERY shirtless Australian out of his head.

"What happened to me telling you to stay focused? Do you even listen to the words that come out of my mouth? Wait, I'll answer that question for you, a BIG nope," Lily says.

Shayne spits a bit of toothpaste into the sink and rinses out his mouth.

"This man was practically teasing me," he says.

"Shayne it's like nine million degrees outside there and the man was practically dressed to the nines, if what I've seen on Twitter has anything to show for it. I'm sure he wasn't teasing you. He was just hot."

"You don't get it he is hot," Shayne says.

There's a moment of silence on the line.

"You're a plague," Lily finally says. "But I'm here to talk you out of your stupid idea whenever you're ready to share."

Shayne takes a deep breath. "So, it involves me embarrassing myself at his hotel room door that's probably guarded with UFC fighters or something."

Lily sighs notably from nearly 7,500 miles away. "Go on, I'm listening. And dear God please tell me it doesn't awkwardly involve making fun of the contract he wanted you to sign to force you both into discretion just for looking at each other with fuck eyes."

"No," Shayne says. "But now that you've mentioned that again, maybe I should just drop it."

Lily gasps. "Oh no, no, no. I'm paying international prices to listen to this. You're telling me what this plan of yours is, and then I can decide if and how I'm talking you out of it."

Shayne wonders whose side his sister is on because it surely can't be his. She's just getting off on his pain and suffering (which I mean he also did today, but it was different right?)

Shayne paces back and forth in his hotel room, phone pressed to his ear, as he contemplates how to explain his ridiculous plan to Lily.

"Okay, hear me out," Shayne begins, his voice laced with a mixture of excitement and hesitation. "I was thinking of leaving him a note, like a funny one, with some cheesy pickup line or something. You know, just to break the ice and show him that I'm still interested."

Lily lets out a laugh on the other end of the line. "Oh, this should be good. So, you're planning to win him over with your wit and charm? You could just send him the five billionth text if that's the case."

Shayne rolls his eyes, even though his sister can't see him. "Ouch! But it doesn't stop there. I also thought about leaving a small gift with the note. Something to make him smile."

"A gift? Please don't tell me you're planning on serenading him with a ukulele or sending him a singing telegram," Lily jokes.

Shayne groans. "No, nothing that extreme. Just something simple, like a funny keychain or a cute little toy. Something to make him laugh."

Lily's voice takes on a more serious tone. "Shayne, look, I get that you have feelings for this guy, but you need to be careful. This plan of yours might seem harmless, but it could backfire in so many ways. Remember, he's a public figure, like hot shot paparazzi stalking a public figure, and you're both in the middle of a borderline romantic minefield."