23. The Prince Is In Another Castle.

It's midnight and Oliver definitely isn't thinking about Shayne.

He's not thinking about Shayne when he grins like a maniac at their last string of texts.

He certainly isn't thinking about him while he's throwing on a baseball cap, black sunglasses, peaking out his door to make sure the coast is clear, and bolting towards the elevator. He hasn't told anyone even Pen (ESPECIALLY PEN) where he's going; but honestly, he knows he has to get out.

He knows waiting for that dinner with Shayne (as much as he's looking forward to it) won't be enough. He knows that the real version of him he's tucked under expensive suits and hair products is clawing to get out. As he hops on the elevator, doing one last double take to make sure he's in the home stretch, he can't help but feel like he's breaking out of prison.

"The warden will have to forgive me this time," he murmurs to himself while sliding on a fake mustache (yes, he knows disguises haven't gotten him far in the past; but he has to try right?)

He watches as the elevator numbers count down from his floor, and then down down down to the lobby; culminating with a loud DING that almost makes him shit himself.

"You're jumpy," a man getting on while he's getting off says.

Oliver simply nods and smiles, knowing anything else would give him away, before bolting towards the revolving door and bursting out of them. It's the first time he's seen home without a camera jabbed in his face (other than looking out his window) and it's breathtaking).

The vibrant nightlife of Sydney envelops him as he takes in the energy. Neon lights illuminate the streets, casting a colorful glow on those taking in the bar scenes. He jogs half a block away to the waterfront, the sound of music and laughter filling the air. The scent of saltwater mingles with the aromas of street food.

This is home.

It's as much of a thought as it is a fact in that singular moment. A home he gave up to chase stars halfway around the world, a dream that's proved to nearly be more trouble than it's worth.
Lost in the moment, he barely notices a black Toyota Highlander with tinted windows pulling up to him, the honk of the horn snapping him back to reality.

Oliver turns toward the car, a mix of surprise and delight on his face as he recognizes the people inside; and right on time. Carmen, a petite woman with long, flowing blue hair and a mischievous smile, leans out of the left passenger side window to greet him.

"Oli, you sneaky devil, I'm loving the facial hair!" She says, her voice just as chipper and sarcastic as he remembers it. Although her accent is a little bit thicker (unless he has just drifted to the States).

"Hop in the back, Benji's hogging the front seat," she exclaims, pointing to the golden retriever who sits proudly in the driver's seat, tongue lolling out.

Oliver chuckles, opening the back door and sliding next to Carmen, who scoots over to give him some room. He glances at Clide, a tall and lanky man with curly red hair, who's grinning from ear to ear. He's also busy trying to coax Benji to the back from his driver's seat.

"Long time no see guys," Oliver says, his voice filled with warmth and nostalgia. "I thought it was about time we reconnected and relived some of our wild nights from the past."

Carmen grins and pats his arm. "You always were the instigator, Ollie. We've missed you, you know. You disappeared into the world of fame, and we were left wondering if we'd ever see our old friend again."

Oliver's smile fades for a moment, and he gazes out at the glittering cityscape. "I'm sorry I lost touch. The movie, the fame, and this show eventually, changed things for me. But I never forgot my roots, and I've realized I need to reconnect with the people who knew me before all this. I think I'm losing myself in it all."