22. I Feel Like I Should Make A Closet Joke.

As Shayne sits in the closet, contemplating his life choices, he can't help but feel a mix of amusement and frustration.

He pulls out his phone and opens his group chat with Max and Lily, needing to share just how pathetically he's dropped the ball (and kept it rolling).

Group Chat: Shayne, Max, Lily

Shayne

Sooooooo.

Lily

....WHY DO I EVEN TRY!

Max

????

Shayne

I'm kind of trapped in Oliver's coat closet.

Lily

Of course, you're trapped in Oliver's coat closet. What did you think was going to happen??? You really thought you could discretely sneak into this man's room with no consequence?

Shayne

I hate that you're right.

Max

??????

Lily

He took Mister Accent a letter and a keychain even though I told him it was a really bad idea.

Max

Awwwww.

Lily

You're supposed to be on my side here axe murderer.

Max

I have no allegiance to a coffee woman who constantly accuses me of chopping people up.

Shayne

I mean, he's got a point there sis.

Lily

I hope you choke to death on Oliver's dry-cleaned suit jackets.

Shayne

Wouldn't be the worst way to go out tbh.

Lily

......

Max

So how did the totally blown drive-by go with the gifts? Did he like them? What about Ethan? Does this mean the show's over? Did y'all use protection?

Lily

...

Shayne

The operation was basically a success. He liked them. IDK. REALLY IDK. You're gross and going to hell (but we just made out).

LILY HAS LEFT THE GROUP CHAT

Max

*Sends gif of Rose from the Titanic on the floating door telling Jack to come back*

SHAYNE HAS ADDED LILY TO THE GROUP CHAT

LILY HAS LEFT THE GROUP CHAT

SHAYNE HAS ADDED LILY TO THE GROUP CHAT

Lily

You're lucky we're related. That's all I'm saying...Enjoy your closet and chill. Keep us updated. Hate you/Love you.

Shayne slides his phone back into his closet as he repositions himself into a corner in the closet. He can still hear Chloe talking Oliver's ear off about the show he used to distract her (it's been going on like this for about 20 minutes).