2

Mattheo Riddle. Written right there on the paper. That fucking shithead was now my roommate. I looked up at where the professors sat and saw Snape smugly smirking at me. I gave him my famous flower-whithering glare.

"Ooo, I got Zac!" Jenna said, holding up her slip of paper. "Nice," I mumbled grumpily. "Ugh, I got paired with Pansy," Draco grumbled. "She's liked me since First Year." I wasn't in the mood to even smirk. "Who'd you get, Cae?" Didi asked. "Who'd you get?" I asked back. Didi crossed her arms. "Tom Motherfucker Riddle," she grumbled. I laughed.

"Well, I know how you feel. I'm with Mattheo," I said. "Oh, lord save us!" Didi said, dramatically flopping onto the bench with a hand on her forehead. I laughed again. Leave it to Didi to make me laugh while I'm moody. 

"Let me tell you Potter, I'm not happy about this either," Mattheo said from beside me. "Knew you would say that," I said without looking at him. "Come on, looking at me won't kill you," he said. "No, but your father will," I said. "Geez devil," he said, laughing. "I prefer 'the pretty girl that will kill you in your sleep tonight'," I said. "Not if I kill you first," Mattheo shot back. 

"Okay, let's save the 'I'm gonna kill you' plans for after we eat," Tom said. "I'm pretty sure Didi won't," I muttered. "And?" he asked. "And I'm imagining what you would look like with a slit throat," Didi growled. "Sis, calm down!" Draco said. "So you're on his side?!" Didi shouted. Several people looked over. I kicked her under the table. "Shut the fuck up," I hissed into her ear. Miraculously, she did, which was pretty rare.

As soon as the meal was over, I sprinted to the Slytherin common room. My bags were already in my dorm, so I could (hopefully) lock Mattheo out.

I ran into the room and locked the door immediately. "Who's chasing you?" a familiar voice asked behind me. I whipped out the knife that I always carried and spun around. I didn't lower it when I found out that it was Mattheo.

"How did you get I here?" I growled. He had the nerve to laugh. "You know, you only look cuter holding that," he said. I crossed my arms. "That doesn't mean I don't know how to use it," I said. "I never said that. I just said that you looked cute holding the knife. It's dangerous to underestimate someone," Mattheo said. I blushed against my will. HE THOUGHT I WAS CUTE! Get it together Cae, I mentally chided myself.

"And your sitting on my bed," I said, walking over to where he was sitting and tried to shove him off. He laughed again. Then, I used the opportunity to push as hard as I could. He fell off. "Asshole," I said, putting a foot on his chest and smirked down at him. 

"I don't see your name on it," he said. The nerve of this guy! "Your name isn't on it either," I noted. It was one of my weaker comebacks, and Mattheo noticed. "Running out of comebacks I see," he sad smugly. I rolled my eyes. "Now, can I get up?" he asked. 

I let out a sassy huff and removed my foot from his chest. As he was getting up, he grabbed my leg and lifted it. I fell onto the ground with a scream and a *thump.* He snatched the knife from my hand and pressed it against my throat. He leaned down so close, our noses were only centimeters away.

Hey again! Okay, so this chapter was kind of an example of how my short chapters look. Ik  it's a little long. Let  me know which ones you like better! <3

-Clare