23

"Cae, why are we doing this again?" Mattheo whined. "Because, you need this," I said. "No, because you think we need this," he grumbled.

We were on our knees in front of each other on my bed, and I was trying to instruct him how to kiss me without looking ridiculous. Key word: trying.

"Okay, we need a signal, just in case if you can't warn me that you're about to kiss me," I said. "How about if I tuck your hair behind your right ear?" Mattheo suggested. "Okay. Do it now, so I'll know what it's supposed to look like," I ordered. 

Mattheo leaned in and took a lock of my hair. He twirled it around his finger, then tucked it behind my ear. Our faces were only an inch away. His breath fanned across my face. I think my heart stopped.

"Okay, that's good," I said breathlessly, leaning away. Mattheo smirked. "Would you like me to kiss you now? To 'know what it's supposed to look like?'" he teased. "I already know what it's supposed to look like," I huffed. But he cupped my cheek, and I scooted closer. We now sat chest to chest, sitting on our heels. 

My gaze flicked from his lips to his eyes. He reached up and his fingers trailed through my hair. He tucked a strand behind my ear, and my heart pounded out of my chest. We both leaned forward at the same time, and our lips met.

I rose up from my heels and his head tilted back. My hands were around his neck, and his arms pulled me into his chest. 

I would've loved to go on, but we were interrupted by a knock on the door. I immediately pushed Mattheo away and got up to answer the door. Before I opened it, I turned to Mattheo, who was still sitting on my bed. I glared at him and pointed to his bed. He rolled his eyes and walked across the room to sit on his own bed. 

"Yeah?" I asked as I opened the door. "We were just checking in on you guys," Jenjen said, bouncing into the room. Behind her, Enzo and Didi walked in, grinning. I rolled my eyes.

Nosy bitches.

"Okay, you checked on us. Now, out," I ordered. "Hoping to get back to it?" Didi teased. I fought as hard as I could not to strangle each of them. "Please. Get. Out," I said, stretching my patience as far as it would go. "Fine," Jenjen grumbled, and I herded them out the door. 

Mattheo looked like he was trying not to laugh as he tip-toed back to my bed. I gave him my 'don't test me' look. But he was on my bed again, leaning against the wall. I sighed. 

I heard heard three knocks on the door. "Do you wanna build a snowman?" I heard Enzo sing through the door. "No," I grumbled. "Come on let's go and plaaaaaaaaayy," Jenjen sang. "Fuck off," I shouted. "I don't see you anymore. Come out the door. It's like you've gone awaaaaaaaayyy," Didi sang. 

"We used to be best buddies," Enzo went on. "But now we're not," Jenjen sang. "I wish you would tell me whyyyyyyyyyy," Didi sang. "GET THE FUCK AWAY ANNA," I shouted. Mattheo laughed. 

"Okay, byeeeeeeeeeee," Didi, Enzo, and Jenjen sang. I got down on my knees beside the door and looked through the gap to see if they were really gone. I saw three pairs of feet waking away. I exhaled and got up. 

"You have a big ass," Mattheo said as I walked back to my bed. "Shut up," I grumbled, sitting down beside him.  

"Okay, where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?" I asked. "Oh yeah, we were practicing. Get over here," I answered myself. "Someone's excited," Mattheo said, smirking as he turned to face me. "I'm just ready to get this over with," I said. "Hey, you're the one who wanted to do these lessons in the first place!" Mattheo protested. I grabbed his face and shoved my lips into his. 

His arms snaked around my waist, and mine gripped the back of his head. My heart, as usual, was pounding against my ribs. I was kissing Mattheo Riddle. For the fourth time today. 

Fuck. 

I think I-

I shut down the thought. I, Caelia Lily Potter, will not fucking fall in love with Mattheo whatever-the-fuck-his-last-name-is Riddle. 

I broke the kiss. "Okay, I think that's fine," I mumbled, touching my lips. "I'm a good kisser, aren't I," Mattheo asked teasingly. I rolled my eyes. "Dickhead," I muttered. I shoved him in the shoulder. "Go get ready for bed," I said. He rolled his eyes, but got up and went to his dresser.

"I have one more thing to add to the contract, thoguh," he said as he gathered his clothes. "What?" I asked. "You have to call me 'baby' or Teo, so the other Theo won't get confused. And I'll call you 'princess'," he said. "Awwwwwww, those are actually really sweet nicknames!" I squealed. "Really? I thought them off the top of my head," he said, turning around. He was smiling. 

I smiled back, my irritation gone. "They're really sweet. Now, go get ready for bed," I said. "Yes ma'am," he said. I laughed as he went off to go change. God, that boy was goddamn adorable.

Tiny timeskip

Mattheo's POV

"Night, Cae," I said as I got into bed. "Can...can I sleep in your bed tonight?" she asked. I was a little speechless for a moment. "Yeah, sure," I said. She climbed in underneath the sheets and rolled onto her side. "Thanks," she mumbled, snuggling in a safe distance away from me. "Anytime. Is everything okay?" I asked. "Yeah. I'm just worried about Harry," she replied. 

"But shouldn't you be worried about yourself? I mean, you're the one who offered to take his place," I said. "Yeah, I know. But what if someone put in his name because they were after Harry? Like they wanted him to get killed," she said. 

"Well, I guess that's a possibility," I said thoughtfully. "That's what I'm worried about," she said, pulling the blanket up to her chin. "He'll be fine. He has a badass sister to take care of him. And, of course, I'm your boyfriend, so he's got me too," I said, grinning. She swatted at my shoulder and laughed. 

"Thanks again, Teo," she said. "Anytime, princess," I said. She cautiously moved closer. I laughed. "If you want to, you can," I said. I held out my arms, welcoming her into my chest. She smiled shyly and scooted into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her to my bare chest. 

"Night, Teo," she said, curling into a ball. "Night, Cae," I said. I slowly rested my head in the nook between her neck and her shoulder. 

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. It's CLAAAAAAAAARE. Thanks so much for all the reads and votes. And thank you to all those people who commented. Don't worry, you don't have to😉. But the comments are mostly what keep me going. Love y'all! <3

-clare