13

Flashback to five years ago...

"Hello, Caelia Potter," a voice said. I trembled. Bellatrix.

"Go away!" A shouted into the dark corner of my room in my uncle's house. It was the middle of the night, and a storm raged outside my window. "Ah-ah-ah. I don't go away that easily," she replied. I screamed and threw the covers over my head, shaking. 

She cackled. "It is so easy to terrify children!" Bellatrix said, stepping out of the shadows. Her boots made little thud sounds as she paced the end of my bed. I stared at her with big eyes. As quick as a fox, she whipped out her wand. She pointed it at my neck.

"Tell me, you little no-scar: will you be attending Hogwarts this year?" she trilled. I slowly nodded. Bellatrix began to smile maniacally, but then she gripped her forearm in pain, grimacing. 

"You're saved this time you little blood traitor," she growled, then she disappeared.

End of flashback 

"Caelia!" a voice said. I let out a guttural shriek and bolted upright in bed. I felt tears running down my cheeks. Mattheo was beside me, shaking me. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. I didn't have the energy to fire back, so I just brought my knees to my chest and whimpered as I tried to calm myself down. 

Mattheo sat there for a while, watching me try to control my emotions. Then, he got into my bed, pulled up my covers, and hugged me to his chest. I took the invitation, and burrowed into the nook between his shoulder and neck. We sat there for a while, hugging and leaning against the bedframe. 

I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "Thanks. I needed that," I mumbled. "I could tell," Mattheo returned, squeezing me tight one more time before letting go. I sat crosslegged, leaning on the bedframe. 

"Don't tell this to Harry," I said. "Sure. Why?" he asked. "He's a little...protective. He'll freak out if he finds out about my flashbacks," I said. "This has been happening for how long?" Mattheo asked before I realized what I had said. "A few months," I mumbled. Why was I telling him this? Oh, right, because he was the son of the enemy.

"How did you manage them alone?" he asked. I shrugged. 

Mattheo's POV

Caelia shrugged. My brows furrowed. How could a girl, a Potter for that matter, keep something like this to herself?

Then, I remembered that I was in her bed, hugging her. My world just turned upside down. I scooted away slowly. I hoped that she wouldn't notice, but in the dim light of our dorm, I could still see the hurt on her face. I looked away.

You are Voldemort's son, Mattheo. Don't. Fuck. Anything. Up, I mentally chided myself. I sighed and kicked off Cae's covers, bringing one leg into my chest and letting the other lay flat on the bed. I laced my fingers around my knee. 

"Well, I think we should be getting to bed," Cae said after a while. She laid down and pulled the covers up to her chest. I laid down beside her. Just as I was pulling up the covers, she sat up.

Cae's POV

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I hissed as Mattheo pulled my covers up. I snatched a corner and pulled it away from him. "You said we should-" he began. "I MEANT YOU GO TO YOUR BED!" I interrupted. "Admit it, you would prefer me in your bed," he said, smirking and tugging on the covers. 

I sighed and let go of the blanket. He pulled the covers up to his chest and turned to me. I wondered why he was doing this. I had only known him for three days!

I turned to face the wall. "Good night, Matt," I said, grinning at the wall. "Good night, Pretty Potter," he returned. I didn't have the energy to argue, so we just lay there for what seemed like eternity. 

When I was just about to fall asleep, Mattheo's arms encircled my waist and pulled me into his warm bare chest. I let myself go limp, so he wouldn't know that I was awake. "Mmm," I mumbled. I heard him chuckle behind me. 

I felt him turn to lay on his back and lay his arm just above my head. I pretended to turn in my sleep, and twisted into his chest. I felt fireworks erupt in my stomach. My heart pounded. Then, his arm slowly wrapped around my back, pulling me closer, almost in a protective way. I fought off a smile and let myself actually sleep.