3

"Like I said, it's dangerous to underestimate someone," he said. Mattheo's breath smelled like smoke. I smirked. "It is," I said. I curled my legs into my chest and kicked as hard as I could. He let out a grunt and moved enough that I could roll away.

"Give me back my knife," I growled, rolling to my feet. "How about no?" he said, twirling the knife in his fingers. "How about yes," I snarled, and I lunged to put him in a headlock. "What's going on in here?!" a voice demanded from the doorway. I immediately put my arms down, snatching my knife and putting it in my boot. I spun around to see Zac and Jenna standing in the doorway.

"Just teaching Riddle how things are run in this room," I said. "That's not what it looked like," Jenna said, raising an eyebrow. "Well, what did it look like?" I asked, turning to start unpacking my bags. "It looked like fighting," Zac said.

"Nah, Pretty Potter was just proving how dangerous she really is," Mattheo said. I was glad that I was facing the wall, because I felt my cheeks heat up. "Don't call me that," I said, unzipping my duffel bag and pulling out clothes. I walked over to the dresser on my side of the room and stuffed them into a drawer, unfolded.

"Cae, you're so unorganized," Jenna scoffed, walking over and pulling the clothes out and beginning to fold them. "Just letting you know, those will be messy within the next week," I warned. "I'm still folding them. At least when I'll look at them now, they won't trigger my OCD," Jenna said. "Why you were put in Slytherin is one of the greatest mysteries of this world," I said laughing. Jenna glared at me. "You still look sweet," I said.

"Are you forgetting the most important person in this room?" Zac asked. "Yeah," Jenna said, putting the newly folded clothes in my drawer. "Me?" Mattheo asked. He pressed the knife against my neck. I let out a ragged breath as I felt the sharp metal slowly slice my skin.

"Let go of her!" Zac shouted, lunging for Mattheo's arm. I bit his hand, but he didn't remove the knife from my neck. "Just remember that I let you go," he said, removing the blade  from my neck. I touched my neck where the knife had been, and my fingers came back with a thin line of blood. Then, I turned to him. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!!!!" I shouted.

Mattheo shrugged. "For fun," he said, walking over to the two understuffed on his bed and beginning to unpack. "Are we just gonna ignore the fact that you could have killed her?" Jenna asked. "No," I said. At the same time, Mattheo said, "Yes."

Me, Zac, and Jenna whipped around to glare at him. He didn't even look up from his unpacking. "Well, I want you to remember that I can always kill you," I growled. "Don't worry, I'm always aware when someone has chances to kill me," he said. 

"Well, I think you two should get back to your dorm," I said, checking the clock. "Aww come on, Cae," Jenna whined. "Let's go, Jenjen. Night Lili," Zac said, taking Jenna by the shoulders and steering her toward the door. "Goodnight," I called after them. 

"It's only 8:00," Mattheo said. "Eh. They need their sleep," I said. We continued to unpack in silence. 

After I had finally finished unpacking, I stretched and yawned. "I'm gonna go get ready for bed," I said, getting some pajamas and walking to the bathroom. "Make it fast," Mattheo said. "Why?" I asked, turning around and smirking. He rolled his eyes and turned around. "Shut the fuck up you dirty minded twat," he huffed. I held in my laughter as I walked to the bathroom.

I took a quick bath, changed into my pajamas, and washed my face. As I walked out, I yawned again. "There, I'm done," I said. Mattheo hurried into the bathroom.

I didn't pay much attention to whatever he was doing in there. When he finally got out, I was already in bed, reading. 

"What're you reading?" he asked as he began to take his shirt off. I squealed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR GODS SAKE?!" I yelled, covering my eyes. 

"Relax. I sleep shirtless. God, you're so over dramatic," he said, rolling his eyes. "Put your shirt back on!" I ordered. "And I'm rereading Little Women by Lousia May Alcott." Mattheo gave me a slight grin.

He DIDN'T put his shirt back on (what an asshole) but honestly, I didn't mind😏. I closed my book, put it on the nightstand, and turned towards the wall. I could feel his eyes on my back.

"You can stop staring at me, Riddle," I said. I turned around, and sure enough, he was staring at me. He shrugged. "I mean, I could, but I don't have to," he said. I glared at him, trying not to look at his bare chest. But I noticed that he had lots of scars. There was a big one that went from his left shoulder, all the way down to the right side of his stomach.

He propped his head up on his hand. "Trying not to look at my muscles, Potter?" he asked. I blushed. "GOOD NIGHT," I said loudly, turning around and curling into a ball. I heard Mattheo laugh and turn around. "Night, Pretty Potter," he said. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!" I yelled. He laughed again and switched off the lamp on the side table. 

Heyyyyyyyy! Hope you liked this chapter. Idk what else to say lol. Love ya'll!

-Clare<3