15

"What's happening?" I asked as we sat down at our bench. "Do any of us look like we have an idea?" Tom asked. "Easy," Mattheo said, his voice strained. "Why? Did you go easy on her last night?" Jenjen teased. My face heated up. I wanted nothing more than to clobber her. 

"Here you go, Lili," Zac said, handing me a plate with eggs and a piece of bread. "Thanks, Zee," I said, gratefully taking the plate and starting to eat. "Any time, Lils," he replied, patting my ballerina bun. "Don't touch the hair!" I cried, reaching up to swat his hand away. "Don't worry, Cae. Your hair is fine," Theo said, rolling his eyes. I still touched it, just to be sure that my bun was still intact. God, that sounds wrong.

"How was detention last night?" a voice asked behind me. "Yeah, we heard that you two made out in the woods after Filchy left you alone!" an identical one said. I whipped around to find the Weasley twins. 

"We did not make out," Mattheo grumbled. "Gred, Feorge, where in hell did you get that rumor?" I hissed. "Jenjen and Nira," Fred replied. Me and Mattheo rounded on Jenjen and Nira, who were trying not to laugh. 

"What the fuck did you do that for?!" Mattheo asked angrily. "Fun," his twin said with no remorse. I crossed my arms. I wanted to clobber Jenjen even more now. And Nira. 

"Everyone, may I have your attention!" Dumblewhore called from his podium. "Do we have a choice?" I grumbled, turning to face our headmaster. "Today is the last day to put in your name for the tournament! Thank you," he said. "That's it?!" I said before I could stop myself. "Cae," Zac hissed, elbowing me. "Owwwwwwww," I groaned. 

"Watch this, Cae," George said. He and Fred each pulled out a potion bottle from their pockets, laced their arms together, and chugged the potions. "What are you doing?" Draco asked. "You'll see, Malfoy," Fred said. Then, the twins walked over to the goblet and they each took out a slip of paper. 

"Oh no. I know what they're doing," I groaned. "What?" Enzo asked. "Idiot, they're trying to put their names in! That's an aging potion!" Theo said, pointing as the twins attempted to step over the boundary. For a second, they triumphantly stood there inside the circle.

For a fucking second.

Suddenly, white beards sprouted from their chins, and they were thrown out of the circle. I laughed as they lay on the floor. "It's all your fault, Fred!" George cried. "No it's not!" Fred protested. And on and on they went.

"Well, I did say there would be consequences," Dumbledore's knowing voice said. Everyone laughed as Gred and Feorge stood up, with white beards up to their crotches. 

"See ya, Weeslebys!" Draco yelled as Gred and Feorge trudged off to the infirmary. "Coco, be quiet," Jenjen scolded. "Okay, fine," he said. "Wow, how did you do that? When I tried, he gave me an angry ferret look," Didi said. We all laughed. Draco scowled. 

"I'm gonna go see Harry," I said, getting up from the table. I walked over to the Griffindor table and found the Golden Trio sitting close to the head of the table. 

I stood behind my brother and covered his eyes. "Guess who?" I said. Nini and Ron laughed as Harry waved his hands around. "Cae, get your nasty fingers off my eyes," Harry ordered. I snorted. "Like I'm gonna do that," I said. "Cae!" Harry said, more firmly the time. "Okay, fine Little Bro Bro," I sighed, taking my hands off his eyes and plopping down between him and Nini on the bench. 

"So...are you gonna address it?" Nini asked. "Address what?" I asked back, examining my nails. "The little smooch session you had with Riddle Boy last night," Ron said. "His name is Mattheo. And we did not, for the last time, have a fucking smooch session!" I said, huffing. The three of them gave me a look that said 'we don't believe you, so don't even try'. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, I'll take that as my cue to leave," I said, standing up. Just then, the doors of the Great Hall burst open, revealing an enormous woman. 

"Who the hell is that?" I asked Ron. "I don't know any more than you do," Ron grumbled. I hurriedly got up and tried to return to my table. "Students, I would like to introduce to you: Madame Maxine and her students from Beauxbatons!" Dumblewhore said loudly. There was a small silence as I sat down. Then, everyone clapped politely. Madame Maxine nodded, then began walking to where Dumbledore stood. 

Behind her, so many girls dressed in blue dresses and hats flitted behind her. I raised an eyebrow as they did some ballet leaps and twirls that if I had attempted, I would've broken every bone in my body. I could tell that some of them were veelas. Then, the boys filed in behind them. I saw a few girls catch sight of the many good-looking boys in my group and wink or twirl a little more dramatically, or try anything that would seem attractive. Mattheo, though, didn't seem to give a fuck. 

Enzo on the other hand...🙄

When one of the girls got close enough to Mattheo to touch his cheek, I had had it. I don't know why, but jealousy boiled inside me. I grabbed his tie, yanked down on it, and smashed my lips on his. I could hear my friends' smirks as I held the kiss. The girl's eyes widened, then she began her little dances again. 

I, wondering what the fuck I had just done, let go of Mattheo's tie. I shoved him away. "Now  what was that about, Cae? I seem to remember that you said something about you and Mattheo not making out in the woods," Jenjen said grinning. "Shut up," I growled. 

"Did you like that?" Mattheo whispered in my ear. "You could say thank you," I said, not looking at him. "For what?" he asked, laughing. "For saving you from a bunch of veelas," I said. "Veelas?" Mattheo said. "Yes, veelas. Honestly, you and your bunny brain can't handle anything," I sighed. 

"So, Cae, about that Three Broomsticks date," Mattheo said, smirking. Shit. I'd forgotten about that. "Are we still on for tomorrow?" he continued. "Sure," I said, shrugging, and hoping that none of the excitement in my body leaked into my words. 

"I can't believe you actually remembered it," Mattheo said. I rolled my eyes. "I don't have a bunny brain," I huffed. 

"Cae, yes you do," Zee said. I rolled my eyes again. "CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT CAE'S GOING ON A DATE WITH MATTEHO?!" Jenjen cut in. I groaned internally. "Don't start," I said. "We will, don't worry," Nira said, grinning. I slumped onto the table, covering my eyes. Mattheo patted my head. I swatted it away. Everyone laughed.

"Enjoy your date, Malia," Enzo said, smirking. "Malia?" me and Mattheo asked in unison. We shared blank stares. "It's a ship name for Caelia and Mattheo!" Jenjen squealed. I glowered at my friends, who just laughed their heads off and continued eating.

OH MY FUCKING GOSH, i had just logged onto wattpad to write and check my notifications, and i saw that i had 855 views, and 8 votes! And considering that just three days ago, i was celebrating 600, thats a lot! I love you guys so much, and thanks for reading! <3

-clare