26

"Dragons?" I asked. "Yeah," Harry said. "Oh fuck," I muttered. "Hey hey hey, it's gonna be okay. We'll try to help you find a way to win," Mattheo said, wrapping his arms around me. "Thanks, Teo," I said, leaning into his chest. I heard a few giggles from the bedroom.

"Well, we only have until this Friday, so we better get to work," Harry said awkwardly, ruining the moment. I glared at him and sighed. "I guess we should," I said. 

Timeskiiiiiiiipp

"Okay, so I was thinking that I could, you know, ✨accio✨ my broom into the arena, then I could fly it and do the shit I need to do," I said.

"Cae, I'm not sure that you could do that. I mean, the arena is probably going to be far away and I-" Mattheo began. "Come on Teo! Have some faith in my plan!" I said, resting the back of my head on his shoulder. We were in the library at a desk, sitting beside each other, flipping through books to get an idea about what I should do with the dragon. 

"Cae, I'm pretty sure that if I ask our friends, they'll tell me that every single one of your plans has either landed someone in detention or gone horribly wrong in some other way," he said. I rolled my eyes. 

"They have selective memory," I huffed. "Oh really?" he asked, looking down at me. I crossed my arms, staring up at him. "Almost all of my plans have been successful," I said. "Almost?" he asked. "Oh shush," I said, straightening up from his shoulder and turning back to the books laid out in front of us. 

"Well, I think that I have enough faith in you to say that your plan is the only way that you might win," he said, resting his chin on his hand and facing me. I turned and grinned. "Thanks, Teo," I said. 

"But I have one suggestion," he said. I groaned and leaned back in my chair. "It's not that big, just hear me out. I was thinking that you could move the broom closer to the arena. You know, so that it'll be easier for you to  ✨accio✨ it," he said. 

"That's actually pretty smart," I said. "See, now that wasn't so bad," he said, tapping me on the nose. I wrinkled my nose and swatted his hand away. He laughed and tucked my hair behind my right ear.  I stuck my tongue out, then froze when I remembered what that signal meant. 

I tried to compose myself and leaned into him. I placed a hand on his chest, and he cupped my cheek. Our lips met, and it was like that first kiss all over again. It wasn't long before I ran out of breath and leaned away, gasping.

"And I thought that I was clear with the signal," he said teasingly. "Shut up and kiss me again," I ordered, seeing out of the corner of my eye that there were a few on-lookers. He smirked and leaned again. I felt his smile on my lips.

We slowly separated, smiling. I cautiously let my side lean into his chest, and turned back to the book in front of me. I felt Mattheo's arm snake around my waist, and pull me closer. I put my elbow on the table and reached up to play with his hair. 

"Hey Cae," Harry's voice said behind us. A second later, him, and Ron and Nini were claiming the seats in front of me and Mattheo. "Hey little bro," I said, grinning and straightening up to ruffle Harry's hair. Mattheo kept and arm wrapped around my waist. 

"You're gonna need a haircut soon, Harry. You too, Ron," I said. They both blushed, and me and Nini laughed. "Have you cut their hair, Mione?" Mattheo asked Nini. 

"Yeah, but they got mad at me when I cut it 'too short'," she replied, for once not being terrified of him. "It was!" Ron and Harry yelled. "It was fine!" Nini yelled back. "Guys, shut up! We're in the fucking library!" I hissed. The three of them gave me a look, and I shrugged.

"Usually Nini yells at me about being loud," I said. Mattheo laguhed, and Nini crossed her arms. "What? You are loud," she huffed. 

"Well, what are you guys here for?" I asked, shutting my book and crossing my arms over it. "We heard that you two were here, and we needed to talk to you," Ron said. "About what?" I asked.

"About this," Harry said, putting a newspaper on top of my book. "Another paper?" I asked. "Read," Nini ordered, pushing it forward with her finger. I rolled my eyes and took the paper in my hands.

"'What a Scene,'" I read from the headlines. Mattheo snatched the paper from me and I covered my eyes and groaned, my head hitting the table. "What the fuck?" he muttered. I looked over and saw that smack on the paper was a picture of me and Mattheo kissing in the Hogsmeade streets. What made it worse was that since magic paper includes magic pictures, and that meant a live photo of me and Mattheo kissing passionately. At least it looked like we liked each other.

"I swear-" he began, but I grabbed his arm. "Teo, it's fine. I'll talk to Dumbledore," I said, looking in his eyes. He sighed, but wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "I'm kinda used to fame. You know, I'm this guy's older sister," I said, reaching over to ruffle Harry's mop of hair.

Harry made a face and patted his hair back down. I smirked as he struggled to get it back to it was before. 

"Caeeeeeeee," he whined. "What? It was already a mess," I said, shrugging. Me, Mattheo, Nini, and Ron were shaking from laughing. He couldn't help joining in. 

"But what will you guys do about the articles?" Nini asked. I sighed. "I'll see if Dumbledore can do anything about it," I said. Mattheo stiffened. I reached up and cupped his cheek. "Hey. It's okay. You didn't do anything," I said, forcing him to look at me. 

He eventually did, and I tucked my hair behind my ear and gave him a peck on the lips. He smiled. I heard Ron and Harry mime gagging, while Nini went, "Awwwwwwww!"

"Well, I think we should be getting to bed now," I said, standing up. "Okay. Night Cae," Harry said, coming around the table to hug me. I hugged him back. "We'll get your hair trimmed soon," I said, patting his hair. He stuck his tongue out.

"See you in the morning," Nini and Ron said in unison. I playfully waved them off. They laughed and walked to the library doors.

"Well, let's get to bed," I said, sighing and starting to pick up some of the books. Mattheo stayed sitting, watching me and smiling. "What?" I asked, hefting a stack of books to the shelves where we found them. 

"Teo, get over here and help me," I ordered, holding out the books. He laughed and took the books from me. I took another stack, and we worked on putting the books in their proper places. 

"All done," I sighed when we finally finished. I thought that it had taken at least an hour. "Let's go," Mattheo said, yawning. I yawned too, and we walked to our dorm hand-in-hand.