25

"How was your day?" Jenjen asked as I plopped on her bed. Didi and Nira sat on either side of me, and Jenjen completed the circle by sitting down in front of me. "A pile of shit," Didi grumbled. 

"Meaning?" I asked. "Tom was an annoying asshole," she replied. "Well, it looks like Cae and his brother on the other hand..." Jenjen trailed off. "Guys, their sister is right here," I said, pointing at Nira, who was laughing at us for complaining about her brothers. 

"I really don't mind. You two are protecting their egos from all the stare they would get if they were single," she said. "DIDI AND TOM ARE DATING?!" me and Jenjen squealed, while Didi screamed, "WE ARE NOT DATING!" and hit us with a pillow. We all laughed.

"Holding hands...looking into each other's eyes...I once caught you two about to kiss in the hallway," Nira said. My mouth popped open. "You are just asking for me to clobber you right now," Didi growled. "What? I have to keep an eye on him," Nira said, shrugging. "Shameless," Didi grumbled. 

"What about you and Theo, Nira?" I asked. "Ummm...well, he came to my dorm after the party. He said that Astoria asked him out, but then he refused her. I asked why, then he told me that he liked another girl. Me," she said, blushing furiously. I had never thought that I would see Voldemort's daughter blush.

"Are you two dating now?" Jenjen asked. "Yes, we made it official around the same time Cae and Teo did," Nira said, smiling. "Wait...how do you know that nickname?" I asked. "Oh! Mattheo comes to me with allllllllll his girl problems. He told me that you came up with that nickname for him. It's so cute!" Nira squealed. "He...what did he tell you?" I asked. My heart was pounding. If Nira knew, we were done.

"He asked me what he should do, where he should take you, what he should suggest. That kind of thing," she said. I tried to decipher what her eyes were saying. Thankfully, they didn't look secretive, just excited and cutesy.

"Your man is so sweet, Cae!" Jenjen squealed. "Isn't he?" I asked, playing it up my sighing. The three of them shared a grin. I hid mine. 

"Knock knock," Mattheo's voice said from the other side of the door. The girls squealed and Jenjen jumped up to open the door. With Mattheo were Zac and, surprisingly, Harry. "Harry! What the fuck are you doing here?!" I said, jumping up from the bed and pulling him into the room, hoping that nobody had seen him. 

"Cae! We need to talk to you!" Harry said. "About what?" I asked. "About the tournament!" Mattheo said, tugging on my arm and leading me out into the hall. "What about the tournament?" I asked, irritated. 

The three of them were silent. "Oh, come on, don't give me that shit where you need to tell me something and then don't tell me," I groaned. "Okay, okay, fine. So, you know for the first competition or whatever, how you have to solve stuff and beat stuff?" Zac asked. "Yeah?" I replied, crossing my arms.

"Umm, well...Hagrid just showed me what you would be up against the first round," Harry said nervously. "What was it?" I asked, starting to get worried. If my baby brother was worried, then I'm worried.

"Dragons, Cae," Mattheo whispered.