12

"Hurry!" I said as we accelerated in the air. "If I go faster, we'll end up hanging off the broom," Mattheo muttered. 

I honestly didn't know what to say to him. We hadn't changed positions since we took off. I was just below his chest, clinging onto the broom for dear life. Mattheo's hands were just over mine. 

"Love, could you scoot up just a little?" he asked suddenly. I felt my face flame up as I scooted forward on the broomstick. "Thanks," he said, scooting up closer behind me. He was even closer now.

We were silent for a while, Mattheo leaning over me and navigating the broom, while I searched for any sign of Hogwarts. I knew that it would be a beacon of light, since it was already dark. I took in all the feels of flying: wind whistling in my ears, my hair billowing behind me. It felt like I was back on the Quidditch pitch again. Then, I saw a light. Well, multiple lights, actually.

"There it is!" I cried, sitting up and pointing to the cluster of lights in the distance. Unfortunately, that meant hitting Mattheo's nose with the back of my head. 

"OUCH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" he demanded, sitting up abruptly. "Whoops," I said, turning around. Mattheo was clutching his nose. I rolled my eyes and slowly put my right leg over the broom, then my left leg. I was now facing Mattheo. Our eyes locked. Butterflies erupted in my stomach.

I cautiously reached up and removed his hand to check for any blood. Thankfully, there wasn't any injury. He was just stuck with a painful nose. 

Whereas his father doesn't have one (sorry I had to). Anywayssssssssss

"You're fine, you big baby," I huffed, facing forward again. "You hit my nose," he whined, leaning forward again and grabbing the broomstick. "Just get us to Hoewarts," I said. "Fine," Mattheo sighed. And we were off.

"Who do you think that guy was?" I asked. "I don't know," Mattheo said. "Any theories?" I pushed. "Maybe he was a professor," he said vaguely. 

"Well no shit. Any specific professor?" I asked. "I don't know," he said again. I sighed and straightened my back, which was aching after staying hunched down for so long. "A little personal space?" Mattheo asked, laughing. "I need to stretch my back!" I said. I leaned back further, into his warm chest. It felt a lot better than the cold atmosphere up here. Mattheo laughed again, but stayed in his position, and I got to stay warm. 

When we finally touched down in front of the gates, I hopped off the broom and checked to see if the gates were unlocked. 

"Someone's impatient," Mattheo said, coming up behind me with his broom in his hand. I tugged on the gate. It swung open.

"Thank you Lord!" I said, sighing in relief as we walked into the hallway. "What are you doing? It's past curfew!" Mattheo hissed, clamping a hand over my mouth. I jumped. "Sorry," I whispered against his hand. 

Mattheo slowly pulled his hand away from my mouth. We walked through the halls as quietly as we could. Thankfully, everybody was presumably in bed already. 

When we finally got to the common room door, we inched our way into the room. We both sighed with relief when we closed the door. "Where have you guys been?!" a voice screamed. 

Perfect time to notice that Didi, Draco, Jenjen, Theo, Enzo, Zac, Nira, and Tom were waiting up for us. What a welcome comity.

"Ummm..." Mattheo began. "Filch left us alone in the fucking Forbidden Forest!" I cut in. "Now, I wonder why old Filchy would leave two loud, cursing, and troublemaking assholes in the middle of the woods," Tom said, crossing his arms. I rolled my eyes and walked over to punch him in the arm. 

And got no reaction whatsoever. 

Bitch.

"What time is it?" I asked, yawning. "About that time," Draco said. "Don't be annoying. What time is it?" I asked again, crossing my arms. "9:00," Nira replied before any of the other boys could cut in and say something smart.

"Thank you Nira," I said, giving Draco a pointed look. "Well, on that note, I'm going to bed," Enzo said. "As we should all be doing," Theo muttered. "Okay, Theodora," I said, laughing at his sour expression. "D-D-D-D-THEODORA!" Jenjen and Zee yelled. Everyone laughed. 

"Well, anywayssssssss, goodnight!" Jenjen said as she and Zee walked off to their dorm. "Prince Enzo out," Enzo said, slumping off tiredly down the hallway to his room with a weak salute. I chuckled, knowing that in the morning, he would be a complete diva since he lost some of his valuable beauty sleep. 

"Come on, BBB," Didi said, tugging on Tom's arm and yawning. "Okay, Malfoy," he said, letting her easily tug him to their dorm. "Night," Draco said as he walked down the hallway after them to his shared dorm with Pansy. 

"It's you and me, there's nothing like this," I sang as me and my roomie followed the rest of our pack down the hall. "Huh?" Mattheo asked. "It's a muggle song," I explained. Mattheo raised an eyebrow. "Is it by someone named Taylor Swift?" he asked, smirking. "You know her?!" I gasped. "I have heard some of her songs over the years. Mostly in places where girls look at me like I'm a king," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"You're so full of yourself, aren't you?" I asked. "Get used to it, darling," he replied. "Don't call me that," I growled. "Okay, Pretty Potter," he said with that smirk of his. 

"Asshole," I muttered.

"Bitch," he returned.

"Dickhead."

"Horny pig."

"Dipshit."

"Slut."

"Hoe."

"Whore."

"Bastard."

"Two-faced twat."

"Son of a noseless bitch."

"Depressed piece of shit."

"Okay, I'm definitely not depressed. But don't. Call. Me. Pretty. Potter," I said. "Yes ma'am," Mattheo said, laughing. I rolled my eyes and smiled. Then, he leaned down. His hot breath was against my ear. 

"But don't count on it," he whispered. I kept my face forward, praying that I wasn't blushing. He chuckled. His hot breath left my ear, and I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Thankfully, we reached our dorm, and I could get out of these cold clothes. 

But Mattheo had other plans.

He quickly walked into the bathroom with some pajama pants in hand. I huffed. Maybe I had enough time to change. I got up, grabbed an oversized shirt and gym shorts from my dresser, and began to undress. Yes, I know. Bad idea, Cae. And you can assume what happened next. 

I was just putting my shorts on when I heard a deep, husky chuckle behind me. I whipped around to find none other than Mattheo. I let out a shriek. He smirked at me. I noticed that he was shirtless. So was I.

Well shit. Things just got a little weird.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked, throwing my shirt on. "Probably longer than you'd like," Mattheo said, leaning against the doorway and looking extremely hot. I sighed.

"Well, I'm gonna go to bed," I said, crawling underneath the covers of my bed. Mattheo walked over to his bed and sat down. Suddenly, I heard the crashing sound of thunder. I jumped. He chuckled. 

"Scared, Pottah?" he asked. "Fuck you," I muttered, turning to face the wall. "If you insist, darling," I heard him say. I whipped around in my bed. 

"Don't. You. Dare," I growled. He had the nerve to laugh. "You look cute when you're pissed off," he said. "Is that why you like to annoy me?" I asked. "I've been called many creative things, but never 'annoying'," he said dramatically. I rolled my eyes. 

"Good night," I grumbled, turning back to the wall. "Night, Potter," Mattheo said. I heard his bed creak, then the room was silent, making the raging thunderstorm outside much louder. I curled into a ball on my bed, shaking. I tried to shove it out of my mind, but the thunder triggered the flashback.