28

"I've never seen Hogwarts like this," I said, gently pulling away. "You've been going here for almost five years, and you've never seen this place at night?" Mattheo asked incredulously. I gave him a look.

"I've seen this place at night, but never like this. Not on a broom," I said, looking over his shoulder at the castle behind him. "How have you seen Hogwarts without a broom?" he asked. "In the woods. On a boat. Out of the window of a train-" I said, counting on my fingers. 

"Okay, okay, I get it. We should get back in, to be sure that we won't get caught," he said teasingly. "Oh, shush," I huffed, swinging my legs around on Mattheo's broom and clutching the handle. 

"Why are you on my broom?" he asked, his hands on my waist from behind me. "Because I was busy kissing you," I said, steering the broom to the roof where we took off. "Is it really that important to kiss me that you have to ride on my broom?" he asked, leaning close to my ear. I felt his hands rest on my waist.

"Well, it's a little absorbing to be touching lips with someone," I said, flipping my hair into his face. He sputtered, and I laughed. My hair was now whipping completely in his face.

"I'm tying your hair," he said, grabbing my wild hair and pulling it into a low bun. He tried to tie it off with a hair tie, but my hair was giving him problems. I laughed as he struggled. 

"Why is your hair so thick?" Mattheo complained. "Thank my dad. His hair was like a bird's nest," I said, smiling sadly. I remembered somehow as a little girl how I used to play with his hair. 

"Every time I look at Harry, I see my dad," I said. Mattheo's hand touched my back comfortingly. I stiffened a little at the contact, but relaxed after a second. I turned and smiled at him. 

We touched down on the roof, and I hopped off the broom. Mattheo's hand was still of my back as he took his broom, and we climbed down to our dorm window. I opened it with my foot and slid into the room, my feet hitting the ground louder than I would've liked. 

Mattheo slipped in after me and shut the window. "We should do that more often," I said, putting my broom back in its corner. He put his broom right next to mine. "Yeah," he said, jumping onto my bed. 

"Hey, we need to get ready for bed," I said, trying to push him back off my bed. He groaned as I rolled him to the edge of the bed. "Let me sleeeeep," he whined. "I will when you get off my bed and change your clothes. They're sweaty," I said, giving one final shove before giving up. 

"How do you know?" he asked, propping his head up on his elbow. "Because you were right behind me on the broom," I said, crossing my arms. He laughed. 

"Okay, okay, fine. I'll go get ready for bed," he huffed, getting up and going to the bathroom. I laughed and went to my dresser. I pulled out my pajamas (ref pic below) and began to change. 

Just as I was putting my shorts on, Mattheo walked out

Just as I was putting my shorts on, Mattheo walked out. His eyes widened as I threw my shirt on like nothing happened. On the inside though, my stomach was in knots.

"Nice pajamas," he said. I crossed my arms, averting his eyes from my chest. "Eyes up here, Riddle," I said.

"Well, maybe that wouldn't be so difficult if you didn't wear a really showy set of pajamas!" he said, finally looking up at me. "I can change-" I began. "No no, don't. It's fine. I'll survive," he said, plopping down on my bed. I rolled my eyes.

"What's the big deal with a showy set of pajamas?" I asked. "Ummmm...you're kinda exposing your chest," Mattheo said, gesturing to my boobs. "Then don't look at them," I said, sitting down beside him. 

"Cae, if you want to feel safe, keep the 'sacred grounds' covered. Got it?" he said. "Okay, geez. What does it matter to you?" I asked, smiling. 

"You don't need to get kidnapped. Or-" he started listing off. "OKAY. Or maaaaaaaaayyyyyybbbbeeeee, you don't want me to get hurt," I said, grinning now.

"Maybe," he replied, smirking. I stuck my tongue out and flicked his nose. "You're impossible," I said, crawling to my pillows and laying down on them. 

"Night," I mumbled against the pillows. I felt Mattheo's warm fingers brush my hair off my forehead, then kiss my hair. "Night, Cae," he said, climbing into his bed and turning off the light.

Okay, so for those who havent read the a/n yet, I will only be posting on wed and thurs for now, because school and other shit. hope you understand and ily! <3

-clare