Chapter 55

Yamada was currently hiding on the side of an arcade machine while he cold sweated a lot with a despairing face, as he made sure to keep Daichi's mouth closed so that he wouldn't make any unnecessary sounds. As for why Yamada was despairing so much...

<Why is he here?... Why is he here?... WHY IS HERE HERE!?>

Yamada sneakily looked at the rhythm game arcade machine again, and there he saw four boys, with the shortest boy wearing a sukajan jacket playing on it at the moment, with the other three boys just watching him as they talked with each other.

At seeing that scene, the once-repressed memories of Yamada's past trauma came back to him, which caused him to hide as he also made sure that Daichi wouldn't give their position to those four. Then Yamada went back to hiding on the side of the arcade machine and turned to Daichi.

"... *Whispering* Alright, dude. Let's go, somewhere else"

"Why?"

"*Whispering* Lower your voice! I don't want him to come over here!"

"... *Whispering* Yamada, what the duck are you talking about?"

"*Whispering* I'm talking about him! The legendary delinquent golden dragon buster!"

"???"

Daichi could only make a very confused face at the very cringe nickname that Yamada just said

"He's that guy that always beaten my ass in the past!"

"... ! That guy!"

"The guy over there is the golden dragon buster!"

As Yamada's desperation only got worse, he accidentally raised his voice and ended up saying that nickname out loud. Which caught the attention of Takeru who happened to hear it right after he finished his round at the rhythm game.

"What's wrong, Takkun?"

"I think I just heard someone asking for a beating"

*Twitches* "!?"

Yamada who was close enough to hear Takeru's words twitched as he began fearing for his life. Daichi on the other hand, vaguely remembering that voice, tried to check if his suspicions were correct but Yamada stopped him from doing so with all his might.

"Hey! What the hell are you thinking, man?!"

"I should be the one asking you! Do you want to give my position away to the golden dragon buster!?"

"Who are you calling golden dragon buster?"

"?!"

When Yamada heard a very angry voice behind him, he immediately froze up as his cold sweat intensified, then in a very robotic way, he tremblingly turned his head to look at the owner of the voice. And then he saw Takeru looking at him with murderous eyes. Which made him recall some of his worst memories from his junior high school days.

.

.

.

3 years ago

Yamada was proudly squatting near some vending machines as he wore his school uniform in a very delinquent manner, which were causing some people to look at him.

"..." <Kukuku... I really nailed this one, it's as they say... Bad boys are the fad among girls>

Yes, Yamada was acting like a dollar-store delinquent just to get popular with the girls. And of course, he wasn't confessed by any girl yet, but the weird stares he was getting from other people, wrongly made him think that it was all a matter of time, until he was confessed by a girl... Just because he was a half-assed delinquent.

"..." <Wait... That's right! Another characteristic of bad boys is that they're always inviting a girl to come with them!>

After that realization, Yamada got up and smirked with the intent of trying to woo up a girl by imitating those manga scenes. And so he started walking to look around for a girl that fitted his tastes.

.

.

.

After some time of walking, Yamada witnessed the scene of a somewhat short boy wearing a sukajan jacket with a golden dragon stamped on the back apparently hitting on a pretty red-haired girl, who had a troubled crying face. At first, Yamada decided to just leave, but then he remembered a certain scene he saw in a manga

<! Wait, I can use this situation to act like a delinquent with a golden heart and use that suspension bridge effect to have the girl fall for me... Yes, that's a great plan!>

With that Yamada walked towards the boy and the girl, as for what those two were doing...

"Oi, Akari-nee. Didn't I tell you to not eat my cookie, while I went to wash my hands?"

"It wasn't my fault, Takkun! The cookie kept asking me to eat it!"

"That's the worse excuse I ever heard!"

Yes, it was Takeru and his sister Akari, who were hanging out in another city, because they both wanted to visit a pastry shop famous for its cookies.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! I'll buy you another cookie! No, two cookies! So don't hit me, please!"

"But the one you just ate, was a limited stock that they only make once a month, and it was the last one as well..."

"Ah... That's true, that explains why it was so delicious"

"That's it, you're dead meat"

Then just as Takeru was about to strangle Akari, he felt someone putting a hand on his left shoulder. This caused him to look a the owner of the hand, which was revealed to be Yamada.

"You should stop that rig-"

Yamada with a serious face, tried to say something cool, but he was interrupted by Takeru.

"Get your hand off me. Now"

"?!"

When Takeru said that with an angry tone, as his eyes were filled with anger, Yamada froze on the spot from the intimidation he felt from him. But, still wanting to get the girl to fall for him, Yamada managed to answer back.

"N-no, can do. B-Because y-you're c-clearly m-making the g-girl u-uncomfortable... Huh?"

And then Yamada looked up to show the girl a confident smile... But there was no one there, he looked around and then he saw the red-haired girl making a mad dash out of there. But Yamada's attention immediately went back to Takeru, as he felt a firm grip on his right wrist from Takeru forcefully making Yamada let go of his shoulder.

"I told you... To get your hand off me"

"... O-Oh yeah? A-And what'll y-you do, I-if I don't... Erm... Pipsqueak"

"..."

.

.

.

After that, Yamada's memories became too foggy for him to remember what happened afterward until today. As he began to clearly remember the beating that he received, Takeru looked at him with the same eyes from that day.

"... So? Who are you calling the Golden dragon buster?"

"Ah... Aaaah... AAAAAAAAHHHH! RUN, DAICHI! RUN!"

"Huh?!"

And Yamada in his desperation made a mad dash out of there, with Daichi following after him, and well, as for Takeru...

"... I'm going to kill him next time I see him"

He wasn't in the mood to chase after the two, but he was still resentful at being called by that cringy nickname.