Chapter 72

(A/N Notes: It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!!!... ... ... For the next few weeks at least...)

It was a very hot day in July, very characteristic of summer and on the battlefield... Sports Field, the heat was even more intense, as the students of Yama High and Tani High fought battles... Games against each other, as each of them gave their all for victory!

"Ahahahaha! Die! Die!"

"Motto! Motto! Mottoda!"

"Ouch! Ack! Hey! Thrown those things at the basket and not at m- *Gets hits on the face by a small corn sack*"

"One! Two! March! One! Two! March!"

"Go! Go! Go! don't let them win! Push them if you need to! Don't show any mercy!"

... ... ... I swear, this is a very friendly sports festival, made with very good intentions, and definitely not an event created by the petty rivalry of two principals.

In any case, let's leave the very bloodthirsty... excited students alone and look at our main characters!

"..." *On the verge of becoming a melted blob*

... ... ... Takeru was currently with his head down slumped on the table set up under the tent assigned to the two student councils, as he did his best to not die (figuratively), and besides him was Sakurako who was in the same situation as Takeru, as they both felt like dying from the scorching heat.

"..."

With the small amount of energy that he could muster, Takeru looked ahead of him, and there he could see the current ongoing game, a tug of war, with Yuriko, the student council president of Yama High, and his girlfriend, acting as the anchor for her team, and seemingly handling the entire game in their school's favor by herself, as the rope's white lace slowly crept closer to the victory line.

"! *Shows a bright smile and waves to Takeru*

And even as she slackened a little in the game to happily look and wave at Takeru, the members of Tani High couldn't even budge the rope in their favor.

"C'mon! Pull it! Pull it! PUUUUUULLLLLLLLLL IIIIIITTTTTT!!!"

On the other side of the rope, at the very first position, Himari could be seen shouting very loudly, so much so that Takeru could even make out what she was saying, and out of everyone in her school, she was the one doing the most effort in pulling the rope, though her efforts meant little against Yuriko and her teammates' overwhelming strength.

*Whistling sound* "Game! Yama High won!"

" " " " "YEEEEESSSSS!!!" " " " "

"DAMN IT!!!"

Once the words of the teacher acting as referee were heard, the students of Yama High all shouted in celebration, in turn, the students of Tani High joined Himari in shouting in despair from their defeat. As that happened, Yuriko trotted toward Takeru as she looked as if she had a tail widely wagging from side to side, like a very happy puppy.

"Takkun! Takkun! Did you see it? We won the tug of war!"

"...Yes... I did"

Takeru's answer was languid from his exhaustion even though he wasn't doing anything, but dying from the heat alone. Seeing Takeru, not say what she wanted, Yuriko began pouting in dissatisfaction.

"Takkun... Shouldn't I be getting a reward for winning this game for our school?"

"... ... ... Can you ask for it again later... Once we're back home?"

"..."

Yuriko was about to refuse it, but when she noticed what she could do with it, she agreed to Takeru's suggestion of getting her reward later.