Chapter 56

(A/N Notes: I'm out of drafts with this chapter, I'll try to write more this week, but I don't think I'll be able to)

2 years ago

Yamada was "menacingly" standing near a park still in his "bad guys are popular with girls" phase, but he had learned his lesson from last time, and it was... To not involve himself when a real delinquent is messing with a girl because he could still clearly remember the pain he had felt that day.

"..." <Alright, it should be fine today. I even came to another town to make sure that I wouldn't accidentally bump into that guy again as well>

He continued standing there, but seeing that he wasn't getting any girl, he began to walk to another place. Yes, it was totally because he wasn't getting any girls, and not because the people around were starting to look at him with weird stares. Yup, totally not because of that.

Then as he walked, he passed by a cafe, where inside by the window, he saw a really cute red-haired girl with curly messy hair tied in a low ponytail, she also had a single streak of blonde hair near her right eye. And of course, Yamada decided to aim for that girl who was completely out of reach for him.

And so he entered the cafe and sat down on the free chair right across the table.

"Hey, girl"

"Yes?"

The girl had a rather troubled face when she saw Yamada, especially because his appearance brought back memories from her past that she really wanted to leave buried deep down in the past.

"Did your boyfriend leave you hanging?"

Yamada only said that, because of the untouched cheesecake that was already at the table when he sat down, so without a second thought, he cut a piece of the cheesecake with a spoon and ate it, causing the girl to start sweating as she made a despairing face

"Aaaaaaahhh..."

"..." <Huhuhuh... It appears that I hit the mark, now all I have to do is say even more bad guys things, and I'll get her to go out with me! And perhaps I might even be able to take my first step into adulthood!... Man, this cheesecake is really good>

Yamada who was feeling really proud of himself, took another bite of the cheesecake. Showing that he was completely unaware of the girl's face filled with worry as she looked in the direction of Yamada's right side.

"Is that cheesecake good?"

"Yes, it is. And I didn't even have to pay for it!"

"Glad to hear it, now let me help you eat it faster"

"Huh? Buguh!?"

Yamada's head was then forcefully pushed forward, making his face go right towards the cheesecake. Yamada could feel the slightly cold temperature of the cheesecake on his face, alongside the hardness of the plate hitting his face. Then his face was lifted causing the cheesecake to fall from his face, and allowing him to see who was the person that had pushed his head down.

And then he saw that it was the same guy as last time.

"Eh?"

"That's what you get for eating my cheesecake"

And with that, Takeru began dragging Yamada out of the cafe to give him one hell of a beating. As for the girl, she just placed one of her hands on her chest and sighed in relief that Takeru wasn't angry at her.

"I'll bring another cheesecake for Takkun on the house"

"Thanks, Ichiro"

"You're welcome, Akari-nee"