Chapter 6: Kate Thatcher

God, I already hate this man. I kinda wanna fuck him. Is that wrong?

"Has another man tried and failed?"

"Are you asking if I've ever been in a relationship?"

"No, I'm asking if you've ever been fucked like a whore."

I wouldn't say no to that.

"Not in all the ways I want."

"Good."

"Does that conclude the interview?"

"If you think so."

I can't help but smile. I don't even know what's happening to my body, but this is something entirely new. I hate it with a passion. He just doesn't hold back at all. I've never encountered anybody like this. He asked me how I like to be fucked without hesitation, without even thinking about it. 

Who does that? Who says shit like that? Why would you do that? I am so utterly confused by him. What was the point of that? Is he testing me or something? 

My heart is racing. I don't know what's going on, and I hate it. I can't control what's happening. I'm not scared by it because I've never been in control but this is something else. This is something happening inside of me, not like my father deciding when and where I kill someone. 

This is nothing like that. This is not something I've faced before. As I said, everything to me right now is new. Being here, meeting this man, it's a whole new fucking world I don't know how to handle.

"How are you with kids?"

"That's your next question."

"It's why we're even having this discussion."

"I don't have a lot of experience, but I'm willing to learn."

Only half of that is a lie. The willing to learn part I mean, I'm truthful about having a lot. I have none, so maybe the whole thing is a lie. That seems about right.

"Well, I'm sure you know, but I have two kids. Neither have ever had much of a mother. I'm not asking you to be a mother figure, but if you're good enough, I'm sure they're going to see you as one. Are you prepared for that? Are you prepared to protect them like you care about them?"

"They're children. Of course, I'm prepared. That's something you'll learn about me. I'm always prepared."

Another lie. I just can't help it. It's fun to lie.

"Right. Well, do you wanna meet them?"

"Now?"

"Yes, now. What else are you doing?"

"Losing my absolute fucking mind."

Okay, that isn't a lie.

"That's alright, Kate. We'll take care of you."

Shit on fire. Why does he have to look so good when he says that? He's actively and gradually killing me. He's so fucking gorgeous and hot in a leather jacket with tattoos trailing up his neck and over his hands. His deep brown skin almost glows as the setting sun hits his face through the window. 

It makes his jawline look pretty damn good too. 

Bear waves his hand toward me, asking me to follow him. I'm guessing I'm really about to meet his children. This mission or whatever the fuck I should call it never felt right in the first place, but now that I'm here, it feels worse. It's like my insides are shriveling up inside. 

I truly have no idea what the fuck is going on with me. I should be able to handle this. I should be able to get this job over with and move on per usual. Why do I feel different with the scenario? What's different this time around?