Chapter 16: Kate Thatcher

It's been a long time since I've woken up beside somebody. I'm usually a get my needs met and leave kinda gal. But last night was a completely different scenario. I wasn't expecting any of that to happen, it just did. I don't mind that it did either. I enjoyed myself honestly.

Bear was respectful about it too. He listened to what I needed from him, and I don't know, we just had a good time. I'm glad we decided not to kiss though. We haven't before, and if we are ever going to, I wouldn't want our first time to have been after I sucked his dick.

I'm a little bit more of a romantic than that.

Bear tugs me on top of his body unconsciously, sleeping through his alarm clock for the sixth round. I reach my arm out to turn it off and hide my movement by nuzzling my face into his neck.

I lay light kisses on his shoulder, gliding my lips along the side of his neck and across his lower jaw. He tightens his hold on me, our legs intertwining. He's so safe. He makes me feel so comfortable. With any other person, I would feel trapped, like I needed to get out of this bed.

I would feel suffocated, but with him, I don't want to move for a thousand years. I could stay in this position for the rest of my life.

With his hands tucked under my shirt and grazing my spine, his thigh pressed between my legs, and his head laying snug in the crevice connecting my shoulder and neck, I feel completely sheltered. I never want to have to face the world again.

Except the world is coming to us.

His phone rings, not the alarm this time, but the name Bullet flashing across the screen.

Bear mumbles into my shoulder but reaches out with one hand and picks up the phone. Without even opening his eyes, he answers the call on speaker.

"What?" Bear demands grumpily.

"Good morning, sleepy head. You're two hours late, and Alpha isn't happy," Bullet practically sings.

"Whatever."

"He might kill you."

Bear only grumbles back in response.

"Bear, you do need to come in. We have inventory to do."

"I don't wanna do that."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just comfortable right now."

"Cuddling with Kate I'm assuming."

Bear blushes. He literally blushes, and he can't even hide it.

"Maybe."

"Ah, I see. Well, I'll talk to Alpha and see if I can give you more time."

"Nah, it's alright. Give me thirty minutes, and I'll be there."

I want to protest that, but it's not my place.

"You sure?" Bullet asks as if to clarify that he's choosing work over me like he's stunned.

He most likely is. I mean, he has a woman of his own, and knowing how connected these men are to the women they love, he would've taken that opportunity at the drop of a hat.

"I'm sure."

"Kk."

Bear hangs up the phone, burying his face back into my neck.

"I do have to go, even if I don't want to."

"He gave you an out, Bear."

"But I feel guilty. I'm part of the team too, you know? If they have to do inventory, I should be there too."