Chapter 31: Dorian Saunders

"Don't fuck with me, whore."

Kate breathes out heavily, laying on my chest for support as I lick her cum off my fingers. So sweet and a little salty. It's fucking delicious.

"We should go, honey."

"But I have-"

"Too bad. You played with fire first."

She smiles up at me and kisses me lightly on the lips.

"I love you, Dorian."

"I love you, Kate."

We settle onto my motorcycle, her hands wrapped around my waist, and start driving to the bar. She probably hasn't even been there. She hasn't even met most of the team. She knows Reaper, and Alpha, and met Persephone and Carbon once, but that's it. 

This should be interesting. They know everything that happened. They know what Kate did to me, and they know what I did to Kate. They weren't mad at her; they understood why she made the choices she did, but the question is whether or not they're going to like her. 

I'm just curious to see how all of this is going to go down. Kate didn't seem nervous, but I never asked her how she felt. She sounded excited to go, slightly hesitant, but mostly excited. I don't want her to worry about it. 

Yes, it means a lot to me if my chosen family likes the woman I'm with, but I'm still going to love her either way. My feelings aren't going to go away just because they're not big fans.

I know Alpha appreciates her though. She solved a massive problem for us. Plus, we're way richer than we were before. It turns out the Chief of Police is very interested in re-election. I'm just also not sure how the ladies are going to receive her. 

The official members of Devil's Rose, we all have our traditions, but so do the Old Ladies. Because they're growing, I know there's a hierarchy. It is much more relaxed than the hierarchy that the men have between them, but that's normal. If Kate's not nervous, I'm nervous for her.

I park in front of the bar and grin as I look at the line of motorcycles. She climbs off the back of the bike before unbuckling her helmet and giving it to me. I catch her hand as she starts to walk inside, pulling me toward me.

"How are you feeling about all this?"

"What do you mean, B?"

She knows exactly what to do. The second we're out in public, she switches the name she calls me and even the nickname. Fuck, I love her.

"Like, are you worried about meeting them?"

She caresses my cheek with her thumb, smiling softly at me.

"I'm okay. I can't be anything but myself, and if they like me or not, that's up to them."

"That's true, yeah. I get that, Kate. I just, I wanna make sure you're comfortable."

"I appreciate that very much. I promise you that I'm perfectly happy. Are you okay?"

"I don't want them to hate me for loving you. Because I changed with you, and I don't know if that's the person they want to be around."

"Bear, stop. They couldn't hate you. They care for you. They love you. They're the ones that invited you, and we both know they wouldn't have invited you if they didn't want you here. I know that five months ago, shit hit the fan. I'm not ignoring that. 

"We have shit we need to work on, and that's between us. But, we can't stop our lives and we can't stop ourselves from enjoying life because we fucked up. Neither of us fucked them up. I'm sure Fiona instantly forgave Reaper, so I'm sure that will forgive you for whatever you feel you need to be forgiven for."