Rules for my doll collection

Before I became involved in this mess I did indeed collect dolls. Some find it strange but I find it rather enjoyable, especially when the spirits or other that are attached are friendly. Though of course I've collected some for the sake of the public. To keep away from them. To protect them. But now I'm becoming old. There's things I can't do much longer. I can't see as well as I used to, I'm not as fast and flexible, and I'm certainly not as keen as I used to be. Because of this I am handing some of my collection over and because you've decided to take on the challenge I am grateful. However, as I've stated before, you need to be careful and for that I am providing a list of rules that may help you watch over the individual spirit or other. Good luck and thank you for your sacrifice.

1. When unpacking the dolls do not untie their arms. It may seem strange but trust me please.

2. The doll labeled "Sal" must be put very close to the floor or on it. He has a tendency to fling himself off of high places such as shelves. I've already had to repair his face twice because of this.

3. The dolls enjoy little trinkets they can mess with. It's crucial you place little toys wherever they may rest.

4. If you hear a baby crying from the place where the dolls rest, run to a room where they are not and lock the door. Do not come out until your absolutely sure the crying has ceased.

5. Mariposa (Mary for short) is one of my oldest and strongest spirits. She can move herself from the room where she rest occasionally and if she does there is a certain mini set of rules to keep in mind.

5.a. If Mary moves herself by a window it means she is in a good mood. Occasionally when this happens you'll feel like your being watched at night, but she's just protecting you.

5.b. If Mary moves to a dark place do not disturb her and do not move her. You'll find that you may have unpleasant nightmares that night if you do.

5.c. If you cannot find Mary when she had moved then she does not want to be found. Do not look for her, she will return soon. When this happen some valuables may go missing. They will return when she does. Hopefully.

6. Do not ask how any of the spirits passed, otherwise you'll find the man in the black top hat standing over you tonight with an axe.

7. The spirits do not like hot rooms. They enjoy cooler or room temperature places.

8. Do not put the dolls in the room you choose to sleep. The whispers may keep you up all night.

9. William is malevolent entity. I'm not entirely sure he was even human at one point but I bought him to protect society as I've stated before. It's crucial that you put him in a blessed place. Make sure to anoint him with holy water every two days and read a few passages from the Bible. I've found he causes the least amount of trouble when you do this.

10. If you skip any of the rules with William you will find the man with the axe is over your bed but now grinning. There is no escape.

11. Do not speak of the woman in the dining room to the spirits. They will get fussy and upset.

12. If you see any unwanted or uninvited guest in your home then close your eyes for a minute and do not open them. Once the feeling of nausea and terror is gone you may open them. It's crucial you cleanse your home and perhaps by a crucifix.

13. The only exception to rule 12 is an older man with a black beard and burgundy trench coat. He may protect you and is just here to visit his children.

14. The clown doll twins are Maurice and Michelle. Both are mischievous entities. They tend to leave their shelves often and must be placed back. They also tend to talk quite loudly and time to time they turn on the gas on the stove. It's important you check the gas on your stove regularly.

15. Never leave windows open by the dolls.

16. Do not try to get rid of the dolls. They won't like that and I've already tried.

17. That may be blood on their clothes. Regardless do not touch it. It goes away after a few days on its own.

Again I would like to thank you for watching these beloved souls... or something else entirely. I hope these rules find you well. For your sake I wish you a good nights worth of rest and sweet dreams.

~yours truly [REDACTED]