9. Roses Brought Back Memories

~ Everyone Had A Chapter, They Don't Read Out Loud~

Another board meeting has taken place in the boardroom. Mr. Bezos wore a solemn expression on his face. I've been tossed around like a pancake all morning. The fact that he has shown no emotion since what happened a few days ago on the golf course.

"Our profit margin has increased," a woman said as she opened a file to begin her presentation. "Our product has received numerous positive reviews, and a larger corporation wishes to promote it." 

"According to the charts, our sales have increased by 15%," Mr. Bezos said as he rummaged through the files. "I'm liking what I'm seeing."

"Yes, sir," the woman said, "That's all there is to it."

I went to the restroom after the meeting. I needed to excuse myself just to keep my cool. He was working me like a dog, and I'm pretty sure I could spend the rest of eternity in here. I heard the toilet flush as I stared at my reflection in the mirror, adjusting the strands of hair from my bun. 

Tears ran down the woman's cheeks as she exited the restroom, her cheeks covered in dark mascara. As she washed her hands, she inhaled. She said nothing to me at all. However, I was worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I hate this place," she sniffed. "You think you've magically thought that someone is really into you, but you were just a game to them." She ran a hand through her untidy, tangled hair.

How awful.

"By a staff member here?"

"Yes," she said, lowering her head, "he dared to screw me and videotaped it." His morals were to make me fall for him and then dump me, and I accepted the blame. "I'm sorry, but I just need the day off," she cried as she ran toward the door.

The main reason I worked so hard to protect myself is that you can't possibly know who is playing whom, and you can't just go around trusting random men without being smart. Could you imagine what she was feeling? 

I returned to Mr. Bezos with a flat sigh. I was standing next to him like a robot at his desk. Would this man leave me alone?

I observed him going through some files and signing some paperwork.

"Go get me some coffee," he said unexpectedly.

I rolled my eyes and did as I was told, not saying anything to him. I made his coffee, but I was curious how he liked it. I put cream in his coffee without thinking twice. I returned with the coffee and set it beside him. 

"I hope this is black coffee," he said as he looked at the cup.

"You didn't specify whether you wanted black or cream, sir," I said as calmly as I could, "so I thought you'd like yours with a little cream."