27. His Little Secret

"Pretty is as pretty does, but petty never looks good on anyone

"Pretty is as pretty does, but petty never looks good on anyone."

.

As I stirred awake from my daze, my eyes widened at the realization that Greg's lips had met mine. My heart raced, trying to catch up with the sudden shift in my surroundings. Through the window, I caught a glimpse of Blair's presence, his stance tense and seemingly furious.

Approaching the car, Blair swung open the door with determination. "We're going home, and I'm taking you," he declared, his frustration barely contained.

"Blair..." I began, straightening up, attempting to gather my thoughts.

Greg remained silent, his gaze fixed on Blair, a faint smile playing at the corners of his lips.

Blair pulled me out of the car, leaving me bewildered. "But Blair, the movie isn't over," I protested, confusion evident in my voice.

"It doesn't matter, it's late," he replied firmly, shooting a cold glance in Greg's direction.

Defeated, I nodded. "Fine," I said.

Blair retrieved Greg's jacket from around me, tossing it back to him. "She won't be needing this," he stated curtly.

Taking my hand, Blair guided me towards his car. Opening the door, he woke Kayla and Sam from their slumber. "Girls, Greg's leaving. I'm taking Elle home. He's waiting," he informed them briskly.

Sam groaned, stretching as she got out of the car. "Can't believe I missed the whole movie. Bummer," she groaned.

Kayla, wrapping her arms around Blair's shoulder, yawned sleepily. "We should talk sometime," she suggested before trailing off with Sam towards Greg's car, seemingly unfazed by his indifference.

I climbed into the car, shutting the door behind me with a thud. Blair crossed over to the driver's side, starting the engine without a word. His grip on the steering wheel was tight, his expression cold and distant as we pulled out into the chilly night air.

The silence between us was visible, a tension thick enough to cut with a knife. Blair's hands clenched and unclenched around the steering wheel, his jaw set in a hard line.

"A friend?" he scoffed bitterly, his voice laced with anger. "Made me feel so stupid. Why was he even kissing you?" he spat out, his frustration evident.

"Are you jealous? And yes, we are friends. I really didn't know he was planning on kissing me," I replied, trying to keep my tone calm despite the rising tension.

He scoffed again, his voice wavering slightly. "Do you not see the signs?" he asked, shaking his head in disbelief. "I like you, and watching you let someone else kiss you drives me nuts."

His emotions were getting the best of him, his foot pressing harder on the accelerator as he sped up. I gripped onto the seatbelt tightly, the speed making me uneasy.