15. Take Me Somewhere

'Our Bodies Don't Lie

'Our Bodies Don't Lie.'

My mind was in the clouds from the previous night; I couldn't get over the idea that he kissed me while he had a fiancée. My mind was in a trance and couldn't seem to break free.

I tried to shake off the confusion and the guilt that had settled in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't believe that I had allowed myself to get caught up in such a messy situation. My mind was filled with thoughts and questions. What did this mean for us? Was it just a moment of weakness or was there something more?

I inhaled deeply and made an effort to clear my head. I listened to the sound of my breath while I had my eyes closed. I thought I needed to free my thoughts of all the outside distractions.

I was startled when I heard a knock on the door because I thought Mr. Bezos was there. I told him to come in as my heart began to race and I made an effort to calm down. I noticed Blair with a little smile on his face as soon as the door opened. I felt some tension leaving my body.

"Oh Blair, you startled me," I said, relaxing my shoulders. "You can come in."

"Sorry about that, didn't mean to scare you," he said as he closed the door behind him and approached my desk.

"What brings you to my office?" I inquired.

"I just wanted to give you an update on the project that our team is working on," he said from the chair on the opposite side of the desk. "May we talk for a few minutes?"

 "Sure, that. So, how is the project progressing?"

"Well, since our previous meeting, we've made some progress. We have found several possibilities after the initial research phase."

I took out my notepad to scribble down the details so I could forward them to Mr. Bezos. I can't count the quantity of work that man throws at me. As I scribbled down the details, I couldn't help but wonder how he managed to oversee so many different projects and initiatives all at once. 

"That's great news!" I was hoping you and your team could make some progress on this. What are the methods you've devised?"

"We've narrowed it down to three main ideas," he added. "The first is to increase our internet presence through social media marketing. The second focuses on reaching out to a certain population via tailored email marketing. Finally, the third proposes starting a referral scheme to encourage word-of-mouth marketing."

"All of those suggestions are really good ones. I appreciate the idea of a referral scheme. It's a fantastic approach to harness the influence of our current clientele. What do you think about each tactic?"

He clears his throat before proceeding to continue with his point, "I believe each of the three approaches has advantages. The use of social media in marketing can expand audience reach and build brand recognition. We may be able to establish a more intimate connection with our target audience thanks to the tailored email marketing. Additionally, as you have indicated, the referral program may lead to organic growth and client loyalty."