🩸Handcuffed (pt.17)🩸

"What about my girlfriend." I whispered, a strange feeling came over me. I hadn't felt anything like it, at least not in a long time.

But I didn't dare look over at Cleo, I hoped she wasn't mad at me.

"I was thinking of her,"

My hand squeezed tightly around the doorknob, turning it slowly and powerfully.

"And she's weird, Marine,"

The doorknob rattled from my stiff twisting.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I muttered, squinting at him.

"Your curtains are always closed... she only comes out when it's raining,"

"You don't know shit about her."

"Do you know her, Marine?"

"She's a Satanist!" Adian exclaimed. He was gripping something tightly inside his pocket, because I noticed his hand shaking.

I sucked in a deep breath through rapid breathing, whatever was about to happen was going to be bloody.

"Wh-what if she is? Why does it matter to you?"

He didn't say anything, only stared at me blankly, hard to read.
"She's going to stop it. Devil worship."

I wasn't upset. "Really?"

I was furious. "I could report you for stalking me."

"Sure you could. Although, my father sent me to."

Holy shit.

"Adian Keys," I whispered, "Keys?"

"Ten points to the dumb vamp's girlfriend."

"You can't come in." I spread my body out across the doorframe, blocking the entrance.

I don't know what came over me, but it wasn't fear.

"She does work for Satan, though, doesn't she?"
"I bet all of them do. Just to mess with you." I growled, seething.

He pushed past me, strangely strong. I grabbed his arm and yanked him back, even using all the force in my body, it felt like nothing.

That was it, Cleo, my only love. All I wanted to do was protect her, that was the feeling, such strong anger. Anger because he was messing with my person.

His hand dug through his pocket and pulled out a knife. It was one of the ones Harper had given Cleo, made of pure silver.

Adian slashed it across my forearm, I groaned from the burning sensation. He then pushed me back against the door, entering the house.

"You filthy bloodsucker!" He yelled.

I looked to the side where Cleo was, or wasn't, more like, because she was gone. I inhaled deeply as Adian seized me up by my shoulder and pulled me close to him, slicing the knife in my arm again, deeper this time.

"Come on out!"

Suddenly, it felt as if I was frozen, I couldn't move, and I wanted to slap him across the face, I wanted to do more, even, snap his neck. But I was frozen.

"If you're going to do this then kill me already." I muttered, shutting my eyes to stop tears from falling.

"Look at you, pathetic girl. She's bitten you everywhere, she's convinced you she's normal, that it's okay to do this."

It was fine, because she loved me. She was the only one who had loved me.

"Do you feed her just so she can tell you that she loves you? Do you need validation that badly? After she killed the people you loved?"