🩸Everything's Okay (pt.57)🩸

Around two weeks later when I woke up, Cleo wasn't there.

"Ugh," I groaned as I sat up. I did not want to deal with her missing ass this early.

"Cleo?" I called. But I got nothing back.

She was probably downstairs.

I rubbed my eyes awake and headed down to the kitchen.
But to no avail; she still wasn't there.

"Cleo?" I called again.

I ran back up the stairs and opened the door to her office.

"Shit," I whispered.

No note anywhere.
What was I supposed to do then?

I pushed myself onto her desk and squeezed my eyes shut, running my hands through my hair, trying not to cry.

Before going into mental breakdown mode, I went back to the bedroom and picked up my phone. I scrolled through all the notifications I'd gotten over the night, but she hadn't texted me.

As I sat on the edge of the bed, I noticed something. Drops of blood covering the wooden floor. They were small, as big as my thumb.

"What the hell?"

I shuffled through the covers, there were small drops of blood in the sheets too. Not mine.

I heard Theo crying in the other room. The smell could've been irritating him, I realized.

As I went to the nursery, I pulled up Faris's contact.

"Yes?"

"Is it too early?" I asked.

"No, not at all! I don't really sleep," they laughed through the phone.

"Do you mind helping me with something?"

When they arrived, they were quick to take Theo, who was still sniffling, out of my arms.

"What's wrong?" They pronounced their words a little clearer when they couldn't sign.

Keeping in mind that they were only a teenager, I didn't want them to get into anything, but I led them to the bedroom.

"There's...blood on the floor." I pointed.
"That's strange,"

"Can you tell if it's human?"

They shook their head, "It's not. It doesn't have a smell."

That would go on my mental list of things to note; vampires couldn't hear each other's heartbeats, and they couldn't smell their own blood.

Speaking of heartbeats, mine was racing.

They gave Theo back to me and put a hand on my arm. "Please don't worry,"

"Do you think...She's Underground then?" I whispered as I gently bounced him. He was leaving slug trails of snot on my shoulder.

They began to sign again, "That would make the most sense, I think."

I sighed, "Then that's where I'll go."

"Are you joking?" They asked, eyes widening.

I shook my head, "Absolutely not."

"B-but...I'm sure she'll come back. I can even go for you!"

"No, Faris, that's not what I pay you for, honey. I promise I'll come back in one piece."

"O-okay..."

"Could you wake Melanie up in an hour? And try to put Theo back to sleep?"

They nodded, although concern still stroked their face.