🩸Strawberry Frappuccino (pt.37)🩸

After five months of growing a living person inside of you, even just the small things, like getting up in the morning and looking in the mirror for affirmations felt good.

Or reminding myself that I was going to have a baby, all the feelings were surreal. But they overwhelmed me with waves of euphoria.

"Cleo!" I called out. It was something I'd been yelling a lot more lately.

I could hear the quickness in her footsteps as she rushed up the stairs. She was still responding to me like I was an ancient artifact that had to be closely monitored and preserved.

She opened the door wide, I'm sure in a rush, it was harsher than she'd intended it to be. It made a bang against the wall.

And with the loud sound, caused the baby to jump.

My hand instinctively went for my stomach at the discomfort, I let out a small grunt.

Cleo sighed, "Sorry about that, babydoll. What do you need?"

Cleo had learned to be much more responsive to my needs. Maybe it was because she was nervous to make me angry. My mood swings had been surprisingly bad during the pregnancy.

"I-I need a Strawberry Frappuccino."

She blinked. "You... need a what?"
"I need a Strawberry Frappuccino," I told her sternly.

She looked at me blankly. "What...the fuck?"

"It's a drink, g-go to that café and get me one,"

I huffed. "Please." My patience had very obviously been wearing thinner during the past few months.

"Right, of course," she quickly nodded and ran out the door without a look back.

I clutched my stomach, the baby was getting fussy, so I was too.

I plopped down on the bed, settling down on my side.

There wasn't any memory of me ever trying a Strawberry Frappuccino in my brain, I just really wanted one.

I grabbed my book from the nightstand and opened it up, waiting for Cleo to come back. Today was fine, I was feeling okay without her. Although, during the previous weeks of pregnancy, she'd told me I'd been even more clingy than usual.

I wish it'd be one or the other, either I was fine without her all the time, or I wasn't. The irregular feelings of needy desperation really messed with me.

Although I was still meeting with Samantha, she'd been telling me it required patience to improve. Which again, was something that had been snapping thinner lately.

She came back after around 15 minutes, I could hear the garage door close and the shuffle of her footsteps coming up the stairs.

Her car keys jingled in her hand as she opened the door.

She came over to me and set the drink on the nightstand next to my tall stack of books, phone, and empty tissue box. There were also dirty clothes on the floor and a plastic water bottle.

The drink was pink, it had whipped cream and what looked like strawberry sauce glazed over it.

"You humans need to stop naming your drinks weird shit."

I giggled, "Thanks, bubby."

I opened my arms wide.

"I have one more thing to do. I'll come cuddle in a little bit," she replied. "Also, I should probably clean up this room."

I shot her a small glare, but went back to reading.

She snorted, "Don't look at me like that."
"You better hurry up."