🩸A Dose of Garlic (pt.70)🩸

‼️TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter 63-74 (the end) of this book will include highly sensitive and emotional topics. Viewer discretion is advised.‼️

Cleodare's POV:

"Lovebug, are you awake?"

I wiped my tears and sat up, trying to get out of the blankets swallowing me whole.

Ivy leaned in close to wipe my tears. And suddenly, I was aware of her breath against my lips.

"Are you okay?"

"I can't fall asleep," I whispered. "She's there. She's everywhere."

Ivy pushed my bangs out of my eyes. Her comfort was welcomed by my easily provoked tears.

"I can't watch her die again. I can't go to sleep," I whimpered. Panic strangled my voice.

"Cleodare...you need to sleep. And I'll get you to one way or another," she told me.
Ivy climbed into my bed.

"A-and...it's been days! You look...um, you look great. But some rest wouldn't hurt."

"It does fucking hurt," I snarled.
"Oh...You poor thing." Her hand ran around my face and stopped at my cheek, holding my jaw.

"Okay-" she started.
I cut her off, "Ivy?"

"Yep?"
"Cleo, actually. It's just Cleo." I said quietly. I figured, if she had already acquired a pet name for me, my nickname wouldn't hurt. But it had hurt earlier, because of Marine.

Everything seemed to hurt because of Marine now.

I threw my head into her chest and let myself close my eyes. I let myself rest.

"Awwe! Cuddle time!" she giggled quietly. She didn't sound nervous this time. "You got it, lovebug."

Her lips gently brushed against my cheek.

Had she kissed me?

Why was I okay with it? Her comfort overthrew me.

I hadn't slept so well since the night before the dreadful day. Usually, it was just sleep to ward off feelings.

When I awoke, her body was squeezed against mine. Her breathing was soft but I couldn't tell if she was asleep or not.

"Ivy?"

"Cleo? I'm here," she smiled and pressed her forehead against mine. "Goodnight!"
It looked like I was back on the vampire sleep schedule.

I sighed and pulled back.

"I have to tell you something..." Ivy whispered.

"Whatever it is can't get worse than what's happened to me. Trust me."

"I don't-" She huffed. "I don't like you..."
I raised an eyebrow.
"I mean- I do like you! B-but not like that."

"Of course you don't. I wouldn't allow you to."

"Well..." she laughed nervously, "Yeah! B-but..."

"I didn't want to come across the wrong way and-"
"You didn't. You're fine," I sighed tiredly.

"I'm- I'm coming out to you! Okay?"

I was suddenly taken aback.

"I'm- I'm asexual...and aromantic. I do not like you...like that."

Her cheeks flushed red.

I pulled her in close and her body softened against mine.

"I understand, please don't worry about it."