🩸Space and Secrets (pt. 19)🩸

(Chpt. 18 summary, skip if needed:
After Cleodare went to check up on Gwenevieve, she disappeared for a few days. Now Marine is very obviously worried and has once again, gone into the forest to look for the vampire base to find her.
Important note, she's also gone through Cleo's bag and found suspicious powder that may or may not be cocaine, and bags of blood with people's names on them😋.

A/N, apologies if you had to skip chapter 18 due to sensitive topics. Don't worry i always got your back, buster. This one...might be a little emotional, lol, read at your own risk.
Have fun!

TW: this chapter handles harm and sensitive subjects regarding minors)

Although the sun was beaming through the branches of the thick wood, the aura was cold and freaky. I didn't care, though, I was going to find her.

If anything, my progressively worsening anxiety would force me to find her.

The last time I'd done this, Gwenevieve had gotten to me before Cleo had, as long as I didn't end up dead, it would be fine.

The sun was ever so slowly setting as time passed, and I couldn't find any openings to a secret base, which is probably why they called it a secret.

"God, Cleo, why do you make me go through these things?" I mumbled to myself.

My feet began to ache as I ventured on, but I couldn't stop. I had to get there when the sun was still up.

By golden hour, I was slowly giving up, I could tell I was passing by the same trees and stomping over the same cracked branches.

"Can Jesus seriously come help me this time?" I groaned, peering up towards the sky.
I'd been getting more frustrated lately, realizing not everything was rainbows all the time, Cleo was rubbing off on me.

Seriously rubbing off too, because it seemed like she kept disappearing without telling me. And maybe she didn't want to, or intend it to hurt, but that didn't mean it didn't beat me down, it did hurt.

The moon would make its appearance anytime, and if I didn't find her before then, or at least the base, I would quickly become a meal, and something told me it wouldn't be easy for anybody to save me in that situation.

Suddenly, my leg got caught in a hole, as I held back a large scream from being forced to do the splits, my other leg slipped into the hole and I was tumbling down again, like I had been when Gwenevieve had almost broken my neck from the last fall.

But I couldn't help but smile as I fell near to my demise.

The blood stained light brick walls confronted me again as I pried my eyes open after the fall. Once more, my whole body hurt, a bit less than the last time, maybe I'd already created some sort of endurance.

How had I found it?

Sitting up, I gently rubbed my inner thigh and sighed, this didn't seem to be a good start.

It hadn't been too long since I'd been to Cleo's room, I remembered the general direction of where it was at.

I wandered over there, hoping not to be confronted with any hungry vampires, or vampires in general. Mercy wasn't something they were known for, and I was sure if Gwenevieve or Opius knew I was still alive they'd have known something was up.

It took me longer than expected to journey to where I'd remembered her room to be. I exhaled a shaky breath and slowly rattled the doorknob. I wasn't surprised it didn't open, locked.

I scavenged around Cleo's bag, hoping to find a loose needle or something similar. Luckily, I felt a bobby-pin at the very bottom of a pocket, it was clear it had been forgotten.