🩸Immortality (pt.71🩸)

‼️TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter 63-74 (the end) of this book will include highly sensitive and emotional topics. Viewer discretion is advised. Minor mentions of abuse and homophobia‼️

Cleodare's POV:

"I'm sure you know why you're here," the tall man said sternly. He had definitely sized down a shirt to make his biceps look larger.

"Do I really?"

"You're a fugitive and a vampire." He said it as if I was an idiot, accusatively. But, he was correct.

What was more fun and thrilling than breaking the law?

"Oh, please," I scoffed.

"You know we would've caught you eventually," the man glared, jamming a silver knife through my hand. I grunted, pain shooting to the area.

My hands had been tied to the arms of the chair, my feet to the legs. Paralyzation had stunned me and I couldn't do anything.

Blood spilled out as he retracted the knife from my hand. He watched in amazement as the wound closed in seconds.

"Interesting."

I scowled at him.

"We'll have some fun with these tests, then."

I rolled my eyes.

"If you cooperate they'll be easier. Maybe we'll even let you go."
"You're part of the government?"

He turned back to look at me, sweeping his brown hair out of his eyes. "This is a government establishment, yes."

I knew it.

"And you, little lady."
I cringed.
"You're pretty famous aren't you?" he said, sitting down in front of me.

The glare wouldn't escape my eyes.

"We've found records of you. You seem to exactly match up with the girl who killed President Gillian years back."
"Do you want a cupcake?"

He slapped me straight across the face. "Don't make this harder than it has to be."

As if nothing had happened, he laughed lightly and sat back down, "Cleodare, is it?"

When he saw I wasn't going to answer, he continued. "Well, I'm Jonas. We should get to know each other, right?"

I didn't answer.

Jonas scoffed, "Not the talkative type?"

"Din beskidte rotte," I spat.

And then I regretted my decision to call a government soldier, or whatever he was, a filthy rat.
Seriously, Cleo? You couldn't come up with anything better?

He tilted his head to the side, squinting a glare, before leaning forward.

"How have you been living these past years?"

I hummed, "How many years?"

"That's right...a thousand years old, are you?"

I had to think about it for a minute.

"Actually, if you must know, I'm nearly two hundred."
I didn't even know anymore.

"How lovely," he plastered on a fake smile.
"I expect a party."

Jonas squinted, "Answer the question."

"Do you really think I'm a giver of mercy?" I scoffed, "I kill and smile as they scream."

He ignored me, "And you have children?"
"That's of concern to you?" I glared.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be," he snarled.