2. "I Solemnly Swear I Have No Powers!"

Falling from the sky.

New world.

No zombies...?

Quirks... powers?

"Delusional I am!" You puffed, crossing your arms. You were forced to sit down on the chair next to Kuriko, who seemed to have needed many hours of sleep. He looked as if he was living on a cup of coffee and a dream. "Tell me, you're some sort of illusion I created because I'm lonely, right?"

"No, I came out of my mother's womb." He calmly replied. Kuriko was simply tired of you, and that was no different from your old world.

Everything in your path seemed... so not fond of you. It was kind of depressing.

"...Ugh," You grumbled, lowering your head. The "situation" at hand became even worse. Everything seemed real. Just what exactly did those waves have in it? Hell... did you even jump into the ocean, or was it a man made lake that you mistook for the ocean? Who even knows at this point, really! "Dude, genuine question here," You started, looking over. Kuriko rolled his eyes, mumbling something about how 'Children these days don't have respect', but you ignored his little comment, "What is going to happen to me after this?"

"How would I know? I don't care enough about you to keep tabs on you."

"That hurts." You frowned, sighing heavily. "Look, any ideas? Apparently I came from the sky, and boom, woke up on the shore."

"I don't know, genuinely."

"... I don't even get sent to an orphanage?"

"You'll be taken in for treatment. You got some screws loose in your head, it's obvious," he responded, sipping his coffee.

"Oh, so you do know what will happen to me?"

"... Just a guess," Kuriko shrugged. "I'm not the one handling your situation, so..." He looked over with a blank expression, his eyes staring into your soul. You shuddered. Kuriko's terrifying. "We may do things differently from your world, or rather, your delusion."

"Enough of that!" You complained, bursting out in sudden anger. "I swear— I'm not lying!" You pleaded, explaining rather wildly. "If you want, get a lie detector here! Because I know for a fact that this isn't my world!" Shaking your head, side to side, you calm down for a split second. "My world— my home— is some stupid, ugly shit green looking place! What kind of delusion would that be?! Who wants to hallucinate jumping off a bridge to save yourself from those things?!"

"..." The man only stayed silent, only staring you in the eye as a way to say, 'You better calm down, kid.' Alas, you did, slowly sinking in your chair and debating on what to do. Nobody— absolutely nobody— would believe you for what you had to say. A different world? You start speaking about it too much, they may as well call it a day and send you into an asylum.

You sat there, silent, desperately trying to wake yourself up from this silly dream. What is happening now is a lie, and you're tricking yourself into thinking that it's real. You're dead. Dead, because you dived into the waves below you in a panic. Died because you were terrified of the once humans trying to devour you. You aren't sitting at a police station, in a whole different world with a clear blue sky. You did not meet a man with a cat as a head. You are not here.

You, [Name], are being delusional.

-

Oh, and if it couldn't have gotten worse.

Random people surrounding you with questions.

"Are you a part of a newer technology, perhaps?"

'... I genuinely hope not? If I am, it is without my consent.'