24. "Echoes of the Past."

Your eyes fluttered open. Oji was right in front of you, with someone else. She... she looked like you? Strange it was indeed. Your brows furrowed, trying to figure out where exactly you were at.

"What if I forget people like... you?!" The distressed girl asked, panic clear as day in her tone of voice. She looked awfully a lot like you. "I've forgotten names, obviously, but... you know, not how someone looks, sounds, and... their personality."

You stood there silently watching the entire ordeal unfold. Blood drenched her clothes, or... your clothes. That female looked exactly like you, but it was as if... your consciousness was to the side, and someone else was... her...? It made no sense to you. The other version of you was sobbing her eyes out, blood dripping from her fingertips and nose.

But Oji only chuckled.

"You can forget us over and over again, [Name]. The thing is— we won't forget you. We will always be here to comfort you... even your friends, if you have those in your class."

"H-Hey! I have friends." The other you pouted, a small smile on her features.

"Yeah, yeah. I get ya. So that's why... don't you even worry. Forget you, us, and everything all you want. Everyone you hold dear to you will always welcome you with open arms."

"Thanks. That's nice to know."

Oji's hand then went up to ruffle her hair, your mouth slightly agape. Just... just how close was everyone here to you? A frown was casted upon your sorrowful face, a saddening feeling sinking into your veins. You just... so badly... wanted to remember how it was like with them. For Oji to make this promise... for them to immediately welcome you home even after giving them so much difficulty since you couldn't remember any of them at all. The other you simply smiled in relief, a brilliant and comforting shine in her eyes dazzled. She looked genuinely happy.

You longed for that version of you.

It would make life so much easier— for you, for them, too.

Everything feels so... foreign.

A whimsical whoosh had sounded, and now you were in the middle of a battlefield of some sorts. There stood your other you and... is that Bakugou? Oh, hell no! Is this what he's so worked up over?! Why does he want to fight you again? It already looks like the two of you fought already! But... a strange cough came from your other you, blood melting out of her mouth. Your eyes widened in horror, concerned for your own well-being. Though, she simply wiped it away without a care in the world.

"Ready?! Start!!!" You looked up, confusion filling your mind. The random voice was loud and on an intercom.

It all happened so fast. The fight, you mean. Your swift movements and moving yourself away from that anger filled male, casting an explosion in his hands. The transition of the beautiful blue sky to a gloomy, dark sky that cried. Lightning sounded, thunder in the distance crashing. Bakugou only seemed to be getting somehow more furious than what he already was, so he obviously charged at your other you, casting the damn sky with her spells and snaps. The bolt came rushing down along with the heavy rain, barely missing him.

"That could've killed him..." You thought silently to yourself, watching your own match against the blond. Why was he so hung up on fighting you once more? All was said and done here, and surely, you did give it your best. The version of you that was on the battlefield sent him flying back by a sharp touch of wind.

"I never took you as someone to be weak against a gust of wind." She teased him, obviously just wanting to piss him off.

"You piece of shit!" Bakugou cursed at her. "It caught me off guard!"