18. "You Reap What You Sow."

... What exactly happened? Before, you were talking to Shinso, who had an interest in cats just as you did, and now the 'Cavalry Battle' is over. You glanced over to someone that was around you, and noticed Ojiro and Aoyama. You walked up to them, wanting to know answers.

"Hey, what just happened?" You questioned, looking around. "That guy..."

"His quirk is to brainwash people." Ojiro responds to your unasked question. You nod in understanding. "You respond to him, he has control over you."

'Brainwash...?'

"Does he?" You breathed, your head softly shaking.

"[Surname], just what happened to you?!" Aoyama then jumped in the conversation. "You're covered in blood!"

"Oh... this was from the race," You say, your mind is definitely elsewhere though. "I'm fine, r-really." You started to sweat excessively. "I'm going to go... yeah?"

"See you."

"Mhm." Dark thoughts then engulfed your entire being, the reoccurring one being the fear of you completely forgetting yourself. You didn't understand why this had triggered it at all, but... it just did. You'd think you would gain some sort of fear regarding being controlled by someone. Instead, it was your fear of forgetting yourself making a grand entrance into your head.

-

Obviously, you were scared to your wits end. Running through the arena's halls, you stumbled across Oji. A panicked face was evident on you, and he knew that as well. He quickly ran up to you, extremely worried about the state you are in.

"[Name], hey... are you okay?" He said in a soft tone, noticing your breathing getting even more rapid.

"I had absolutely no control out there..." You stressed, shaking your head. "My body— everything damn near was being controlled by someone else...!"

"So that is what was going on," Oji muttered to himself. "[Name], I want you to do something for me."

"No, I don't want to," You shook your head. "This... fuck no!" You trembled all over. This sudden panic was engulfing your entire being. Oji had his hand on your shoulder, but it did nothing. "I don't want to experience that ever again."

"[Name], you will not."

"How do you know?"

"Because," Oji lowered himself. "You're smarter than you think you are. The [Name] I know doesn't let this sort of thing irritate her like this. What she would do is think about what sort of action to take next."

"No, no." You shook your head, trying to breathe. "Stop." Your head began to slowly hurt.

"[Name], everything will be fine. So, whatever you're thinking," Oji comforted you, softly speaking with a quiet tone as the arena boomed outside. "Will not happen."

"No... it's just that," You breathed in shakily. "Is that how I'm going to feel when I forget everyone?"

"... What?" Oji had a confused look.

"I don't know how it connects... it just triggered it," You sigh heavily. "Is this some sort of... wake the hell up call?"

"... [Name]." The large male in front of you opened his arms. You rushed into his embrace, the feeling of utter sadness just sinking in.

"I don't want to forget anyone!" You wailed. It was still so puzzling to why you were freaking out this much. Someone brainwashed you, so what? That would be your usual excuse. But, for some reason, it just had to connect to your ultimate worst fear. "I-I don't want to even forget myself! Even so, I'd still prefer it like that than forgetting anybody else!"