20.1. "Who She Is."

Your hand twitches, the paper staring back at you mocking your weak brains to remember anything. Perhaps, the fear of forgetting yourself came true, but now that it happened... It felt weird. Did it actually even happen? Were you the person this book says you were?

A sigh came from you, and you plopped back in boredom after reading the journal entries.

"[Name]...?" A voice came from the other side of the door. They quietly knocked. "Are you there?"

"Yeah." You answered. [Name]. That's... you?

You shook your head.

"Can I come in?" They hesitantly asked.

Your eyes wavered down, a solemn feeling approaching you. "Yeah."

The door opened, and it was him. Him? Haruto. White hair, red eyes, says to have taken you in... all that nice jazz. But oh well, you didn't remember. You looked at him with tired eyes, blinking slowly.

"I know this may be sudden, but..." his eyes immediately went down to the floor. A frown was clearly seen on his face, as if he had just lost a family member. Technically speaking, he did. "Do you remember anything at all?"

"... It's vague, but I know I'm not from here." You reply, turning your head down towards the journal. "I come from a dystopia. A world full of zombies where society is fucked."

"Anything from... this world?" Haruto asked, sitting down on the chair he pulled out from your desk. It was weird, usually, being face to face with someone you don't know, you would feel uncomfortable with him. Just... something inside of you told you "Hey, he is good."

"...No."

"That's okay," a soft smile filled with dreading concern was on his face. "[Name], do you know how you got here?"

"... No. I jumped from a bridge, and woke up here all tired."

"You fell from the sky." Haruto answered his own question since you didn't know.

"Um... ow?" You shrugged. You certainly weren't falling now, were you? Why should you care?

"You made quite a wreck for the media," he laughed to himself. "You were something."

"Was I?"

"Yeah."

-

The girl in the mirror stared back at you. She seemed to be tired. Tired of the fact that she was simply thrown into a whole new world. Tired of the fact she had forgotten who she was as a person. The lonely female in the mirror softly cried tears of confusion. The pitiful sobbing person in the mirror who didn't understand who she was.

You, [Name] [Surname], is someone who had tragically overworked herself to the point she forgot nearly her whole life, yet remembered some of it.