23. "Dancing in the Moonlit Ocean."

The cool night air filled your lungs as you inhaled deeply, softly closing your eyes as you tried to keep yourself in a calm state of mind. The nightmare your mind greeted you with during the night was not pleasant at all towards the end, so you woke up in a sweating, hyperventilating state once again. This is certainly not the first time this has happened, and it absolutely will not be the last. Outside on the courtyard, you continued to sit there on an oddly familiar bench mindlessly. A lamp post suddenly switched on, making you jump and become more aware of your surroundings. 

The doors opened and it was Haruto walking outside with a concerned gaze.

“... [Name]?” 

… [Name]. That's supposedly who you are.

“Hm?” You turned, your eyes dropping to the floor.

“What are you doing out here? I mean… you have school tomorrow.”

“... I really don't want to go,” You frowned immediately. “I don't like that place. I feel… I don't know. It just isn't something that the current me wants to do.”

“Well,” he started to softly speak as he continued to walk over to you. The bench creaked as he sat down next to you, “A part of you still wants to stay, yes?”

“Stay where?”

“U.A. Where else, silly?” Haruto chuckled quietly, his red eyes shooting upwards as he stared at the sky with you. 

“I mean…” You didn't know how to answer that. Sure, there was something. telling you to stay, but… it just felt so awkward. You forgot everyone you were friends with there, but they remember you. “It's just a weird feeling.”

A gentle smile was on his face as he looked back down at you, “That feeling will pass.” His gaze went to the skies, the light pollution filling the air making only some stars visible.

“How do you know?” You raised a brow, obviously confused. Your eyes were glued to the ground.

“Experience as a witness.” Haruto seemed to be pondering on some memory. Good for him, you couldn't really do that with these erratic nightmares.

“...”

‘Huh?’

“Witness…?” You muttered underneath your breath, a wonder in your mind of who it was he witnessed.

“You. I witnessed you get rid of that feeling and become more comfortable in this world.” Haruto explained, a warm tone of voice he held.

“Oh… interesting…” You stared at simply nothing, answering his explanation.

-

You stared down at your desk, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. U.A wasn't necessarily the best place you could be at the moment, considering the fact you weren't entirely comfortable, but even so, you still lied to everyone around you that you were ‘fine’, and so now you're here at your desk, staring at the wonderful brown lines that it contained. You wondered, was this desk cheap? Expensive? Hmm, the possibilities…

… You tried to think about anything but that nightmare.

“Hey, damned memory loss rat!” A tough voice insulted you, a hand slamming down on your desk, causing you to jump out of your trance. “Don't think I'm gonna make this easy on ya just because you can't remember me!”

“... Huh?” You looked up, your [eye color] eyes meeting piercing ruby ones. 

The blond male clicked his tongue, removing his hand from your desk, “You— a dumbass who forgot herself— faced me in the Sports Festival!”