20. "Nightmare."

You were in a black void of nothing, figures standing before you looking right at you. Obviously, you stared at them as well. A part of you desperately wanted to just leave, but another was extremely curious. Just who exactly were these people, and why were they right in front of you right now? You then looked down randomly, noticing that your entire body, except for your head, was covered in a dark mist with [Favorite Color] particles surrounding it. Starting to visibly freak out, a voice distracts you from your mind.

"[Surname]." A male stepped up in front of you. He had a large scar on the left side of his face from his forehead to his chin. "Your body is rejecting this quirk."

"The hell—?! What do you mean, I mean, who even are you?!"

Before he could even respond, every single one of the people that were just in front of you suddenly disappeared into thin air. Your scenery changed, too. It went from a dark void to a seemingly abandoned city.

"Deja vu..." You shuddered, looking around. Once again, you glanced down to see that all of your body is back. You were currently in an old looking city that was practically a ghost town. Nobody was there. Absolutely no one.

You continued walking, no idea on what to even do other than explore. Your eyes saw multiple buildings that were closed off and broken into, but overall it was just a messy, discarded place. You felt strange. It was to a certain point your own feelings scared you, seeing that you only felt a weird sense of nostalgia. Alone in a strange abandoned city... this would never be someone's ideal dream to have, but here you were.

You sigh heavily, still walking through the city.

A groan was heard behind you, quickly snapping your head to look at what it was, you readied your fist. But, you stopped. It looked like a human. A person with long hair covering their face as they looked down, making strange noises.

"H-Hello?" You cautiously say, more than puzzled. What sort of dream was this, exactly?

Scratch the term dream— this shit was a whole ass nightmare. That thing lunged itself at you, and using your grand reflexes you attacked it. The strange thing was, you attacked specifically with a bat. A bat, a random thing out of nowhere. Again, there was a strange feeling of deja vu. Though, you kept going along with this weird place your mind decided to bring you to.

Taking one step forward, you're suddenly transported into some cabin. It looked like people were staying here— three beds, an area for cooking, a fireplace that hasn't been used in how long, and sounds of groaning outside. You gritted your teeth, not understanding what the things were exactly, but you can infer that they were something similar to whatever attacked you prior. But, why were you even here?

Silhouettes of two people stood in front of you. They were shadow figures, only making out their body shape. Standing in front of that door, it was as if they were telling you to go outside.

Did you go outside? Yes. Why? Why not?

You saw the same bat you used last time leaning on the wall beside the door, and like a sophisticated person during a horror movie, you obviously grab it. Whipping the door open, you're met with a scene of the dead corpses right in front of you. Heads were cut off from their bodies, blood spilling from the neck. You breathed, taking in the horrifying yet oh so familiar scene. Two unrecognizable corpses were right at your feet. They were covered with blood, and were completely torn up. They may as well not even be considered human. You looked down, seeing the bat in your hands drenched with blood.

You turned, not wanting to see anymore. But, you're now on a rooftop, a boy your age standing at the very edge. He had dark hair, and pale skin from what you could see. The boy wore a school uniform, dust and dirt stained on it. A puzzled look made its way onto your face, stepping forward slowly and quietly as possible. He sharply turned around, a glare evident on his features. You took a step back, fearful of him. With no reason to why you were even on this rooftop with this random male, and this weird nightmare feeling familiar, you just wanted to wake up.