14 - Still in pain

Tim and Lucy are sitting together on the couch watching their series, When Theo came into the living room, Tim paused and looked at him. "Hey, you alright?" Tim asked his son, Theo nodded and continued to the kitchen "Yeah just wanted to eat something" he said.

Tim got up and wanted to follow him, Lucy got up too "Tim please don't tell him that I told you about it It was our first approach and I don't want to ruin that right away, okay?" She asked him. He nodded "Sure" and then went to the kitchen.

"We can also order something today" Tim said and sat down on the stool at the counter. "No it's okay. But dad do you still have your old phone? Because look here" Theo showed his dad his phone which was broken "I can only send a few messages otherwise it hangs directly and the screen is also completely broken" Theo said and put his phone back in his pocket. "Yes this does not look good. I don't know right now, I'll look it up right now"Tim said.
Tim went to check and came back without a phone, he doesn't have it anymore. "I think i throw it away" He said "Throw what away?" Lucy came in the kitchen and asked him. "Just my old phone, because Theo's is broken and he probably needs a new one" Tim explained her. Lucy thought for a moment "I think i have an old one. I could check tomorrow, if you can wait" She said.
"Oh really? If it's okay sure that would be cool" Theo said and went back to his room.

"Thank you" Tim got up and kissed Lucy on the forehead, then she hugged him. "Of course, maybe you should try talking to him" She said. "I probably gonna do it" Tim exhaled deeply, he knows that it can very likely degenerate into a fight.

Tim went towards Theo's room and knocked on his door "Yes" Theo said and Tim came in. "Theo i was just wondering if you can show me your wounds?" He sat down next to Theo on the bed "I know you said it's all good but I just wanted to see if maybe you should see a doctor after all" Tim said.

Theo's Pov
Actually I don't wanna show my dad the wounds because I don't want him to worry about it. Maybe it hurts but it's gonna be okay I thought.

"I can show you it but dad I don't need a doctor okay" I said and stand up, picked up my t-shirt and showed my dad the wounds. "Oh my god" My dad said and looked pretty shocked, I let go of my t-shirt and sat down next to him. "it looks worse than it is, it doesn't hurt that much anymore" I said even though it still hurts. "Theo to be honest it would be better if you go to a doctor." My dad said, he wanted to say more but I stopped him. "Dad no I won't go to a doctor" I said annoyed. "Theo that was just what I thought I won't force you especially cause I don't want a fight right now." He said.

"Dad yesterday the guys also tore up the photo of me and mom, the one i always had in my wallet." I told him. I actually didn't want to talk to him about this topic anymore, but I'm still so sad and angry that the picture is broken. "Really?" Was all my dad said i saw he was shocked, he knows what the picture means to me. I felt tears in my eyes, I'm still not over my mother leaving us, even though it's been so long. "I thought I would see her again, dad." I said with a shaky voice. "Me too, Theo" He said. My dad moved a little closer to me and hugged me.

After a few minutes we got up and went into the living room where lucy was sitting on the couch. "What about school tomorrow?" My dad asked me. I mean I could go but I actually can't because of Nick. It's just that I don't know if it's over or if he would do it again. I know if I say I won't go, he say I have to go to a doctor. "What about it? I will go" I just said. "You sure? But that's good because We both have to go back to normal work tomorrow. Maybe I can pick you up on my lunch break and drop you off at home" He said. Pick me up? Please don't because I'm sure I won't be going to school tomorrow. "It's okay dad I will just take the bus."

I went back to my room, sit down at my laptop to watch my series.

Now that my dad knows I'm not over the issue with my mother, I know he want to talk to me about it again soon. I actually hate talking about it, because I don't want people to see how bad it affects me.

"He showed me it, it really doesn't look good" Tim said and sit down next to Lucy on the couch. "Yes, I hope he changes his mind and maybe goes to a doctor. But it's good that he showed you the wounds, without a fight." Lucy said to Tim, he nodded. "At least something"

Tim and Lucy continued watching their series and then started cooking. all three ate together and shortly afterwards Lucy drove home.