19 - Running away

Theo woke up early and went to the bathroom to get ready. After he took a shower and got dressed, he noticed that his dad is still not awake. So he went to his room to wake him up. "Dad?" He asked not too loud, Tim woke up and turned to Theo "Yes, what do you need?" He asked his son. Theo looked confused "Dad we have to leave in 20 minutes, don't you wanna get up?" He said. Tim looked at his phone "Oh I overslept, I hurry up." Tim tried to get ready as quickly as possible. shortly before but still on time Tim was finished and the two could go.

Arriving at school, Theo got out and asked his dad if he could go home with Noah after school today. Tim thought for a moment "You know it's actually no Theo, but it's okay for today only" He said "Thanks and bye" Theo closes the car door and goes to school.

"Hey Theo, do you still get a ride to and from school?" Noah laughed a bit, Theo closes his locker "Not funny, it's so annoying but today he said I can take the bus home with you"
Theo and Noah went to the class where they wait for the teacher. "Good morning class, I hope you all brought your homework from last week with you" The teacher said and that's when Theo realized he totally forgotten about it. The teacher went around and checked who had the tasks with them "Theo where are the homeworks? She asked "I forgot it, sorry" Theo said "Your sorry doesn't help anymore, this is the third time" The teacher said very annoying. Theo shrugged "Okay but other people forgot them too, I can just show you it tomorrow it's not that bad" The teacher was shocked, "It's not about the others who forget them, Theo, I don't know what's going on with you, but it's slowly enough. I won't let you talk to me like this" She said and went back to the desk. "Bitch I swear" Theo said he thought it was quiet enough but his teacher heard it, she gave him a speech, how outrageous that was, but Theo wasn't even listening. He picked up his things and left the room.

Theo took the next bus and drove home, he packed his things away and sat on the couch, put on a movie and grabbed some snacks. Theo thought he had enough time until his dad came back, but he no longer thought about what his dad had discussed with his teacher. "No bus today, I will pick you up." The message Theo got from Tim. "Oh fuck" Theo said, he knows there will be trouble. "You don't need to pick me up, i'm already home" Theo texted back and put his phone away and no longer looks at his phone so as not to have to see what his dad is texting.

Theo heard his dad coming home and quickly went to his room. "Theo, come to the kitchen" Tim said loudly. Theo came and just looked at his dad, Tim looked at his son "What happened at school today?" He asked. Theo was surprised why he was still being asked, his teacher had told his dad everything anyway "I just forgot my homework and my teacher was so mad about it even though I said I can show her tomorrow" He explained to his dad. Tim crossed his arms "And that's the reason you called her bitch or that you just pack your stuff and leave school?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. "I didn't know she could hear me" Theo said, his dad was shocked "Even if she doesn't hear you, you don't say anything like that" and Theo nodded. "I allow you one thing again, that you can take the bus again and you have to screw it up again straight away. Do you want it all like this? That I am strict and have to introduce such rules?" Tim got louder, he didn't know why his son was doing all these things.
"You all are overreacting so much it's just school and I hate it there why do I have to be there? You could just be there for me instead of making such stupid rules or asking if i'm okay but no you have your stupid job and stupid girlfriend and you are happy. Leave me alone, you still have enough other days to give me stupid rules or to yell at me" Theo got louder and louder and let it all out.

Tim tried to say something, but Theo was already in his room where he put on his shoes and took his jacket. After that he stormed out and Tim only heard the door. Tim didn't think anything at first, but hours later Theo still didn't come home. He tried to call and text him but Theo ignores everything. Tim called Lucy and explained her what happened, she made her way to Tim. Lucy tried to calm Tim down and that everything gonna be okay, he should just wait because Theo needs time. "When it gets dark we can let Lopez know, we'll give him time until then" Lucy said Tim agreed, even though it was very difficult for him.

Just as it was getting dark and there was still no message from Theo, they wanted to tell Lopez. "Wait Tim" Lucy said while she looked at her phone "What is it?" Tim asked. "Theo is calling me, wait a minute" She said and picked up the phone. Tim stood next to her very nervously, it's now 11 pm and he doesn't know where his son is.