16 - Stupid ideas

Tim drove up the driveway, went into the house and first packed his things away. He walked to the living room where Theo sat on the couch and played playstation. "Hey, what are you playing" Tim asked him "The new game i bought last week, it's actually pretty cool" Theo said. Tim went into the kitchen "and was Lucy already here for the phone?" he asked over to Theo. "Yes I think 2 hours ago or so" Theo stand up and walked to the kitchen. The both ate together and then went to bed. "Night Theo, Should I wake you up or do you set an alarm?" Theo thought for a moment "I set an alarm, so don't wake me up" Theo said.

The next morning, Tim is already awake and getting ready for work, while Theo is still in bed. 30 minutes before they have to leave, Theo still hasn't got up, so Tim goes to look for him. "Theo hey, you have to wake up we have to leave in 30 minutes" Tim shook Theo's shoulders slightly, he woke up in a bad mood. "It's okay, I get ready now" Theo said.
After Theo got ready, the two could finally go. As always, Tim dropped Theo off at school and then drove to work.

Theo went into the school and immediately saw Noah standing at the locker. "Noah let's give Nick the money directly and then I'll have an idea what we can do." Tim said to his best friend, he looked confused "What do you mean with that Theo?" Noah asked him. Theo and Noah went out to the schoolyard to the basketball court where Nick and his friends used to chill. "Here Nick your money" Theo handed him the money, Nick had a big smile on his face "Thanks Bradford, Why not from the beginning like this?" He laughed. "Okay we good now right?!" Theo asked him "I think yes, you know where to find me if you need anything" Nick said.

Theo was just glad it was over now. He and Noah went back to school to their locker. "Pack your things from your backpack into your locker so that it is empty" said Theo and already emptied his backpack, Noah did it too without asking why. "Come on now we have to leave" Theo said put his backpack on and walked to the school door, Noah just followed him.
"Theo Bradford and Noah Florens, where are you going?" Someone asked a little louder from behind. Theo recognized the voice directly, he just turned around and saw his teacher "Noah just go don't listen" He said and they left the school without saying anything to the teacher. "My mom will kill me Theo what was that?" asked Noah angrily "I really can't do this today, I need a break from school and all the people there." Theo explained him. Noah looked at him, he knows that Theo has been having a lot of problems at school lately with classmates and teachers "Okay only today" He said. "Thanks mate. After Nick got all my money, I have nothing. But you know the little shop where Carl's brother is always?" Theo asked "Yes think so, why?" Noah looked confused. "Sometimes the guy just doesn't pay attention, if we're lucky he doesn't even care about us and we can take some snacks and drinks with us" Theo said and pointed at the backpacks. "We can try but but we have to see if he's really not paying attention." Noah was a bit scared, he has never stolen anything before, neither has Theo. "Noah we are literally 14, we are kids what should happen?" Theo laughed.

they arrived at the store and noticed that the older man wasn't really paying attention to what was going on in the store. "Okay I think this will be easy" Theo said with a smile on his face, they went to the back of the store to fill their bags there. "Theo that's enough dude." Noah said, so Theo stopped. But when they got too loud, the man noticed and came to them. "Hey! What are you boys doing here?!" He said angrily, Noah wasn't paying attention and the man grabbed a backpack. He saw all the stuff in there "You guys want to steal my stuff here!" the man kept getting louder. "No no we wanted to pay for it" Noah tried to explain but Theo had a different idea. He grabbed the backpack and shouted "run" Noah and Theo ran out of the shop, the man tried to run after them. When the they got out, they ran down the street and didn't see the police car. The man came out and shouted "get them, they're stealing my stuff" The two police officers ran after the two and were significantly faster than Theo and Noah. "Stop now" One of the officers shouted. One grabbed Theo's arm and was able to hold him, but Noah managed to escape.

"Hey I know you, you are Bradford's son." Officer Nolan said. Theo looked surprised "Oh shit you were the old Rookie right?" he laughed a bit, Nolan didn't react to that "I don't think your dad is gonna be happy to see you at the station" He said and walked over to the car with him. "Wait you can let me go you know who i am i can give this stuff back" Theo said. Now he is slowly becoming aware of what kind of stress this will cause with his dad. Nolan, his partner and Theo arrived at the station. He took Theo to one of the interrogation rooms. "You have to wait here for your dad, we called him he will be here soon" Nolan explained Theo.

Theo became more and more restless while waiting, he knows that his dad will be super angry. For Theo, the 20 minutes felt like 20 hours. He heard that someone was at the door, he knows exactly what will happen now. Theo wished he could turn back time.