17 - Trouble... again

The doorknob goes down and someone comes in, it's Lucy. Theo was relieved, he thought his dad would come now. "I thought you are my dad" Theo said, Lucy walked over to the other side of the table "No but he'll come in a few minutes, he just has to talk to Nolan." Lucy said. Theo just looked around the room "Theo" She said, Theo looked at her. "Why did you do that?" She asked him "I know it was dumb and I don't know Lucy, I know my dad will freak out" Theo couldn't really say anything, Lucy looked at him with a pitying look "It's gonna be okay but you have to understand him too, you stole and skipped school" Lucy said.

The door opened and Tim walked in, you could tell he wasn't happy that Theo was here. Before Tim could say a word, Theo tried to explain it. "Dad I can" but he didn't get any further because Tim interrupted him. "You don't need to explain anything Theo. First you skipped school, wasn't that enough? No you still have to go stealing." said Tim in a very stern tone. "I didn't skip school, they canceled the class" Theo lied to his dad, which was a mistake. "Are you sure you want to lie to me now too? Why did you teacher called me then?!" Tim kept getting louder. Theo shrugged, he couldn't look in his dad's eyes. "Theo tell me why?" Tim asked his son. Theo just shrugged his shoulders again "You make such a big deal out of it" Was the only thing Theo said. Tim raised his eyebrows "Big deal? Theo it is a big deal. I don't know what is going on with you right now but it need to stop. You can't skip school and then go and steal something. Either you are too stupid to realize that was wrong or too arrogant to realize now that you did something wrong" Tim said loud with an angry tone. "I'm not stupid" Theo said.

Theo's Pov

I know it was wrong, but I don't know myself why I came up with this idea, I just didn't feel like going to school I thought. My dad kept talking and i got more and more into my thoughts. I felt tears in my eyes and immediately looked down so no one could see them. Why I have tears in my eyes? It's all too much for me right now.

"Tim maybe you should clarify the rest at home, i don't think this is a good place" Lucy said because she saw the tears in Theo's eyes. "Yes, then you still have time to think about it, Theo" Tim said and walked out. "Come on Theo I'll take you to the car, your dad will definitely want to drive you home" Lucy said. The two went out into the hallway, Theo stopped. "It's ok I will just walk home" Theo said to Lucy, without noticing that his dad is behind him. "Definitely not, in the car now" Tim said to Theo. He just rolled his eyes and headed for the car.
Tim looked at Lucy "Tell me why please?! He drives me crazy" He said. Lucy smirked "Not funny" Tim said. "No it's not funny that he skipped school or wanted to steal but I just see a little Tim. It was wrong what he did, but maybe it was really just an exception" Lucy said. "First no I didn't steal anything at that age or I dared to skip school. I really hope it was an exception, I mean I hope so for him, otherwise he'll get into even more trouble than he already is." Tim said with a very small smile. "don't be too hard on him" Lucy called after Tim, he just shrugged his shoulders with a smile.

It was quiet all the way home, neither of them said a word. The two went into the house, Theo wanted to go straight to his room but Tim stopped him. "It's okay I understand it was wrong I said that before I don't know what do you want to hear" said Theo while the two went into the kitchen, Tim looked at this son. "I want to know why you did that Theo? I thought it's getting better but no you skipped school again and then this?" Tim crossed his arms. "You act like I skip school everyday it was just today" Theo got annoyed. "Remember a few weeks ago when you skipped school literally everyday or just left after an hour?! I don't why you do it again?" Tim looked at his son "I just didn't feel like going to school" Theo said.
Tim sat down on one of the stools "That's not how it works Theo, from now on I'll drive you to school every morning, wait until you go in and then pick you up. Also talk to your teacher that he will call me directly if you are absent" He explained. Theo stood up "What? I understand it there is no reason you have to do that, it's stupid" Theo got mad. "Show me that school works and then we can stop it. Also tomorrow after school, we both drive to the shop you wanted to steal and you will apologize to the man." Tim said. Theo got up and went to his room "That's dumb" He said quiet "I heard that" Tim said.
Tim shook his head, he didn't know why Theo was doing something like that and how he should react properly.

Theo went to his room and texted Noah "My dad is really mad. Did the teacher called your mom too?" He send that text and started to play his new game on the playstation. He tried to calm down, Theo knows that trying to steal was wrong but skipping school? He thinks his dad is overreacting, it's just a few days out of the whole school year.