30 - Learning to trust again

"It was funny except that he won against me at basketball" Lucy said with a smile, Tim laughed "He learned from the best" He said and pointed at himself. Lucy rolled her eyes and laughed "Sureee" she said.
"So what we gonna eat for dinner tonight?" Tim asked the other two. "Wait don't decide without me I just need to go to the bathroom real quick." Lucy said and went to the bathroom.
"What about you Theo?" He asked his son, Theo sat down on the bar stool and looked at his dad "Dad I need to tell you something." He said nervously. Tim also sat down waiting for his son to speak. "I lied to you dad" Theo said but didn't explain about what. Tim looked confused "About what Theo?" He asked him. Theo needed a few seconds to answer. "I was not with Noah yesterday. I met someone else and I thought you will say no if I tell you the truth." He explained. Tim breathed out loud "So that you didn't smoked weed was also a lie?" he said with a serious tone. Theo looked at his dad "No dad it was not a lie. It was just that the person smoked so that's why i smelled like weed but I didn't smoke." He tried to explain but Tim didn't seem to care about that. "Theo you just told me you lied to me again, how should I believe you now?!" Tim said and stood up. Lucy came back from the bathroom, wondering what happened. Theo looked at her with a sad face. "What is wrong guys? Fight about dinner tonight?" Lucy laughed lightly and tried to lighten the mood. "No just dad who won't believe me no matter what I do" Theo said, provoking his dad. "Oh it's about the situation we talked about?" Lucy asked with a worried face, Tim looked at her "So he told you what he did?" He asked her. "We talked about it yes. Tim I don't think he would tell you that he lied and then lie again" She tried to defend Theo. "Yes why should I dad?" Theo said. "Every time you open your mouth it comes out a lie Theo. It's hard for me to believe you, even if you say the truth right now." Tim tried to explain but Theo took his dad's words badly. "There's no point in talking to him as you see Lucy. Then don't believe me I don't care" He said and stood up to go to his room, Tim looked at him "You can give me your phone and stay home this week. I'm seriously" He said. Theo put his phone on the dining table and went further into his room "Stupid rules here we are again".

Lucy looked at Tim "It won't get better with him" He said and sat down. Lucy stood behind him, leaning on his shoulders "I still think he didn't lie about the smoking thing.". Tim thought for a moment "Maybe but it doesn't make it better that he lied at all. Why does he always have to do this?" Tim said, he seemed helpless. "You two need to get your bond back. It will be better one day" Lucy tired to cheer Tim up and gave him a kiss on his cheeks.

One hour later Tim thought about the fight with his son and Theo is still in his room, so Tim wanted to check if he's okay. He knocked at the door "Who's that?" Theo asked "Dad" Tim answered. Silence and Tim get no answer, so he just went in. "I didn't say come in" Theo lied in his bed and didn't even looked at his dad. "But I wanna talk to you" Tim said and sat on Theos bed. "I believe you Theo, about the smoking thing" He said looking at Theos wall, with all the  Pictures from him and Theo. "Okay" Was everything Theo answered. "Theo look at me" Tim said and looked at his son, Theo finally turned around. "I'm sorry for what happened today. I just couldn't believe it happened again." Tim tried to explain and why he reacted the way he did. "Sorry about it dad" Theo said with tears in his eyes. He actually hates it when he fights with his dad. "Come here" Tim said and leaned in for a hug from Theo. He hugged his son tightly and Theo hugged him tightly back. "You can come over to the living room and can watch a movie with us" Tim suggested his son. Theo thought for a moment "Mhm okay" He said. They both went to the living room and sat down on the couch where Lucy already sat.
Lucy lay in Tim's arm and Theo leaned on Tim's other arm with his back, when the movie was over, Lucy wanted to stay up. "Oh it's late, I really have to drive home" She said and was shocked how late it is already. "Why are you not sleeping here Lucy?" Theo asked her, Lucy didn't know herself. "It's just so nice right now and if u stay tonight, we could make pancakes for breakfast tomorrow." Theo said. Tim looked at Lucy with a smile, she smiled back "Maybe you're right Theo." She said. So Lucy decided to stay the night at Tim's and Theo's house.

The three of them sat on the couch for a while before going to bed. "Good night Theo" Lucy said and went to the bedroom. Tim went to Theos room with him "It was a really nice evening Theo, good night and sleep well" He said with a smile on his face. "Good night dad, see you tomorrow" Theo said back. They all three went to sleep.