28 - Another Try

Tim went into the room after Theo. He opened the door and saw Theo sitting in his chair. "You can't just walk away every time things get too stressful Theo." Tim said and leaned against Theo's closet. Theo didn't look at his dad. "I wanna know what happened. Why do you and your jacket smell like weed?" Tim asked his son. "Dad I promise you I didn't smoke or something. You have to believe me." Theo said. Tim sat on the edge of the bed "Then tell me why it smells like it?" He asked again. "You're making such a big deal out of nothing." Theo said and shrugged his shoulders. Tim stood up "Nothing Theo? You are 14 years old and I have to talk about weed with you?! Of course it is a big thing, what do you think?" He said with a serious tone. "I don't know what to say. I told you i didn't smoke everything else is not your problem." Theo said annoyed. Tim crossed his arms "It is my problem Theo. It's enough. Then you can't go out anymore if you come home smelling like weed and lying to me." Tim said turned around and left Theos room. Theo stood up and slammed his door. „You better stop with that" Tim shouted.

Tim could clam down in the living room when he got a call from Lucy. "Hey, you alright?" Lucy asked him. Tim laughed "Yeah it's all good. Just a normal day with Theo again" He answered. They both talked about the current situation and about a few other things. "Hey what if I go out with Theo. Just trying if I can talk to him a bit?" Lucy asked Tim, he thought for a moment. "I mean it's worth a try. I will ask him and text you what he says." Tim told her. The two talked about the last few days and other things.

Theo and Tim went to sleep that evening without speaking to each other again.

It's Monday morning, Tim woke up before Theo so he went to the bathroom and got ready for the day.
"Theo you have to wake up 30 minutes until we have to leave." Tim knocked on Theos door and went in. "You said i'm not allowed to go out" Theo said in a sleepy voice, Tim went to the kitchen "Funny Theo. Get up now" He said back.
Theo finally got up and got ready for school, the two then drove off. In the car, Theo just looked out the window and didn't say a word, Tim looked at his son "Lucy asked if you wanna go out with her today just spend some time. What do you think?" He asked Theo. He looked at his dad with a confused look "Just Lucy and me? Without you?" He asked. Tim explained Theo that he probably has to work a little longer and isn't sure if he can do it. Theo thought for a moment "Mhm okay and what we gonna do?" Theo asked Tim. "I don't know but she will pick you up and then you will see" Tim said. They arrived at Theos school, Theo got out of the car "See you tonight Theo and don't forget Lucy will pick you up after school" Tim said and drove to work.

When Tim arrives at the station he gets out and sees Lucy. "Hey, nice to see you" She said, they held hands briefly before going inside. "Do you know what you gonna do with Theo today?" Tim asked her, Lucy said "I don't know actually i have a few things in my mind, i will just ask him.". Tim looked at her "Good I think you two will find something. Maybe you have a better chance to talk to him about what's going on." He said, Lucy smiled "I hope, we will see. I'm just trying to show him that he can trust me and I'm not here to do anything bad to him." She explained. Tim smiled back at her "I think it will be good, have fun later i'll see you" He said and winks at her.

"Theo hey, do you wanna come over today? Just chilling and stuff?" Noah called across the hallway as he walked over to Theo. The two greeted each other "Thanks for asking but i'm out with Lucy, you remember dad's girlfriend." Theo explained, Noah seemed confused. "I thought you don't really like her and now you spend time with her alone?" Noah laughed. Theo rolled his eyes "I already told you that it's not that i don't like her, it's just hard for me to accept her I don't even know why." He tried to explain, which is hard for Theo because sometimes he doesn't understand himself. "I have to go now, she is probably already waiting for me. See you dude" Theo said and went outside to the school parking lot.