Chapter 16 - Go Garreth

Garreth's POV

As we prepare for the game to officially begin, I fly back and forth scanning the crowd of green but cannot find Bett at all. Where the hell is she?! I need to see her. I hated that Adelaide came to wish me luck and not Bett... I just need to see her. I need to see those incredible eyes.

Shaking my head to try and focus on the game, I move back to my normal position as we wait for it to start.

In our games last year, I always played better just knowing she was there. I can't focus without her.

Oh my Bett... my beautiful Bett. Where are you?

BAM!

Shit! Not paying attention, I am hit in the leg with a bludger. Ahh that hurt! Regaining my balance on my broom, I shake off the pain and try to focus.

Ten minutes in and I've already missed two bludgers that crash into me, and I haven't managed to hit a single Chaser on the Slytherin team.

"Come on Weasley!" Hector calls flying near me. "Don't want to let her down do you?!"

"What?" I shout confused at him.

Nudging his head he gestures in the direction of one of the Gryffindor stands. My eyes follow and I let out a giant laugh as a warm feeling consumes my entire heart.

Bett stands in a sea of red, her light blonde hair easily spotted in the rowdy crowd. She holds a large red poster in front of her body that is covering her entire torso. It reads: 'Go Garreth'

I watch her yell and snap with a familiar pissed off expression at some 2nd year next to her who clearly keeps bumping into her in the stands with his jumping and cheering. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen. She's absolutely miserable surrounded by screaming and jumping Gyffindors. OOOOooo but she's suffering through it for me!

As her yelling concludes, her gaze finally focuses back to the field and lands on me. She immediately blushes as she hides behind the poster. Oh this woman is so adorable!

Feeling recharged and beaming with pure joy, I spin my broom around and dive into the game full force.

I play my heart out knowing she's watching me, supporting me. No bludger gets near my Chasers, every swing I take comes in contact exactly how I want it to, and the game concludes with our victory as Hector catches the snitch.

Swarmed by the team, I am unable to break free until most of the students have already left the stands. Damn. Looking around for that familiar blonde head, I can't find her anywhere. She must have gone back to the castle already.

Hoping on my broom, I quickly fly to the nearest floo flame station and come out close in the dungeons. "Bett!" I call as I see her leaning against a wall waiting for me, holding the poster against her.

Jogging up I can't wipe my grin from my face. "Congratulations on your victory." She smiles, the pink still covering her cheeks.

"Well I had my good luck charm." I grin, grabbing the poster from her hands. Flipping it over, I can now see it's actually a canvas painted solid red with shaky black lettering. "You made this?" I ask, staring at the adorable poster.

"Mhm."

Finally looking back up to her I am rendered speechless.

The oversized Red and Gold sweater hangs on her body. The sweater I gave her nearly a year ago... She still has it...

Seeing her in my sweater causes something to snap in me. My patience has run out.

I can't do this anymore...

I can't keep waiting.

I need her.

Dropping the canvas to the ground, I take a large step towards her as my right hand finds her waist pulling her against me. My left hand moves under her chin forcing her to look up at me. I don't hesitate like I had at dinner, as soon as the path to her lips is clear I move down. I press against her needy, hungry. Her soft lips don't pull away as she pushes forward into me.

Intoxicated by the moment, I push her back up against the wall as I continue to deepen our kiss. Her hands move up to both my chest and my neck, pulling me down into her more. She wants me just as badly as I want her.

A few loud voices are suddenly heard, coming down the hall. Pulling away from her I turn and lean backwards to try and catch a glimpse of who it is. After seeing it's just a few Slytherins who appear to be 1st or 2nd years I turn back to Bett, but she's gone. Of course she's going to make me chase her.

It's never easy with this one.

Grabbing the canvas on the floor, I smile again and lick my lips. Mmmm they taste like her.

A/N

A/N

Thank you all for reading and if you like the story please remember to vote and leave a comment!!!! :)