Chapter 18 - Run Along Kids

Garreth's POV

As the sunlight starts to drift in and cover my face, I groan. I don't want to ever leave this bed. Tightening my grip on the woman in my arms, I press her closer against me. "Mmmm it's too early." She groans from my movements. "Go back to sleep, Gar." Curling her leg around my body she nuzzles into me falling back asleep. No breakfast for us this morning.

A good hour passes as I watch her sleep in my arms before my dorm room door opens. Hector comes in seemingly glowing. Guess he had a good night. "Morning." He whispers over to me, seeing Bett still asleep.

"Have a goodnight?" I whisper back to him.

"The best night."

Looking back down to the woman I love, I smile like a love struck idiot and nod in agreement. "Me too."

"Just because you're whispering doesn't mean you are quiet." Betts grumpy morning voice cuts through the air. Letting out a big sigh, she finally opens her eyes and looks up at me. "You're lucky I enjoy the sound of your voice."

Grinning down at her I lean in to give her a kiss on her forehead. "Good morning, beautiful."

Moving up, she squirms and wiggles to reach my lips, giving me a soft kiss. "Good morning."

"Common room is pretty empty, if you want to sneak out now." Hector states as he moves to his bed sitting down.

"It sounds like I should go then."

Pouting my lips, I cup her face with my free hand. "Or you can just stay here all day?"

"I already took off work yesterday for the game. I have to go to work." She huffs as she starts getting out of bed.

Letting out a long sigh, I start getting up as well. "Want me to visit you?" I ask as I give her a quick kiss on the cheek before moving towards my trunk.

"If you want to. I probably won't be able to talk much, but I'd be happy just to see you. Even if it's only for a minute." She smiles over at me, a new warm glow seeming to radiate from her. "Umm can I borrow your robes to sneak out of the common room?"

"Can't just wear the sweater from yesterday?"

"Well I feel like robes are a little less suspicious."

"It's a Sunday... I think robes are more suspicious." Hector adds.

"I guess you have a point. Sweater it is!" She declares as she grabs her clothes from yesterday and goes behind the changing screen.

-----

"Garreth! Don't run, you're going to slip on the ice!" I hear Bett scream as I charge towards her. Purposefully sliding on a patch I see as I get close, I glide right into her. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I flip over so as we fall I land on my back with her on top of me. "Dammit! I told you!"

Letting out a loud laugh I smile at the fuming woman in my arms. "You're so cute when you get upset." I boop her nose softly with my finger. Rolling her eyes, she groans getting off the ground without offering me her hand.

"I don't know what you see in him." Ominis states flatley with his arm wrapped around Poppy.

Hoping off the ground I let out another laugh before approaching the blind Slytherin. "That's only because you can't see. If you could, I'm sure you'd fall for me too."

"Merlin... You're ridiculous." Bett huffs as she takes my arm to resume walking up the cobble street. "How was work?"

"It was good. Not too busy with how cold it's been, but it gave me more time to study."