Chapter 28 - Marvolo

***Trigger warning*** This chapter deals with violence/blood.  

Garreth's POV

With Bett wrapped around my arm, we walk a few paces behind Ominis and Poppy making our way through the various shops that have popped up around the Clagmar Coast. Thank you Hector! Since fifth year this whole area has developed like crazy. No more ashwinders and poachers setting up camps every hundred yards.

"Oh! Let's go in here!" Poppy calls from up ahead.

Following the cheerful steps of the small woman, we enter a clothing boutique. Wow this stuff is fancy... and expensive. Please don't like anything in here, Bett! My wallet will scream and I can't say no to you!

"These remind me of some of the dresses you wore last summer." I whisper as I touch a light blue, floral embroidered corset on display.

"Yes, similar, but I don't need any new clothes." She smiles over to me. "Saving money is the most important thing for us right now."

'Us.' Oh I love when she references our future. So happy we're on the same page... mostly.

"Well..." I move closer to her, placing a hand under her chin to lift her eyes to meet mine. "You will need to get at least one new dress soon."

Scrunching her forehead she tries to figure out what I'm referencing.

"...It's white... or in your case off white." I tease as she hits my arm, blushing furiously and looking to see if anyone heard my comment regarding her purity.

"I told you we'd have the marriage discussion after graduation!" She whisper-shouts at me.

"Fine! But I do want you to look at some rings while we're in town so I can get an idea of what you like. Oh and your ring size!"

"Garreth!"

"Come on, that's a reasonable ask!"

"Why do I feel like today is going to end with you buying a ring and getting down on your knee as we walk along the coast at sunset?"

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about that. "I promise to respect your wish of AFTER graduation. No proposals until then."

"Merlin..."She shakes her head. "Please don't propose to me right after graduation!"

"Who's proposing?" Ominis asks as he and Poppy emerge from somewhere in the back of the store.

"No one YET." I confirm giving Bett a wink as I emphasize 'yet.'

"Garreth wants me to look at rings so he can get an idea of what I like." Bett confirms.

"That's a wonderful idea! Poppy, would you care to look as well. I'd love to feel what you like and have you describe it to me." Ominis glows with excitement.

Poppy turns the same level of red Bett was a moment ago as she cups her face in her hands. "Oh umm... sure we can... I suppose if you want to."

After spending a good hour looking at rings, we leave with a good understanding of what both girls like. I promise Ominis to come with him when he buys Poppy's later to help describe to him the finer details that he won't pick up with just his sense of touch.

Bet pulls my arm, as we exit the jewelry store. "So where to now?"

"Well the sun is setting soon... shall we head toward the coast line for a stroll before leaving?"

Pulling me in for a gentle kiss she smiles up at me. "I love that idea... as long as there are no proposals!"

Following a small cobble path that turns into sand as we reach the shore. Taking in the view of the water and setting sun we walk slowly, chatting mindlessly.

Your Eyes - Garreth Weasley × Corbett Gauntजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें