season 2 | chapter 22 (finale.ii)

A / N

A / N

The official thank you note will come tomorrow due to the fact that yours truly is reeling from the shock that she can mark Part 1 finally COMPLETE.

Please do let me know if you enjoyed it through a vote and a comment. I've put my soul into this chapter I'm sure you're going to love reading just as much as I loved writing it.

For the time being, thank you so much for your unwavering support. It always reminds me that we're heading onto greater things, together.

Endless love,

Pavlina Diamanti.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chapter 41 | Part 2

"IN THE END you got everything you wanted."

Hilary's gaze roamed around the place with unconcealed fervor. The diamond chandelier hanging on the ceiling lit the room with a potent light. Its prismatic element cast multiple rays throughout the scene that was brought to reality from the stories she used to read when she was little.

She shook her head and turned to meet the ocean in his eyes. "It has nothing to do with what I want." Her grip tightened on the railing from the balcony overlooking the dance floor full of the vibrance of the souls that swayed their bodies to the rich melody of the orchestra. "For the first time in my life, Tyson, I realized how much of an idiot I was."

Tyson couldn't contain the mirth that brightened his irises. The corner of his lips twitched before he forced it to settle. It was his last attempt to eliminate any evidence of an expression the daughter of a Goddess wouldn't appreciate under such grandiose circumstances.

"Not that you're dying to hear it, Hilary, I've called you plenty of things in the past, just as you did to me. Idiot, though?" His mouth formed a thin line, his mind in deep thought. He dwelled on his answer, bracing himself for the worst case scenario. "It's not something one would call you ever. Not even me."

His response drew a laugh out of her. She'd given herself the luxury to lay her guard down just for tonight. Her notion of calculated chess play robbed her off the joy of the moment and her blindness to it was the epitome of foolishness. Her desperation of control, of the full awareness of every move deprived her of the greatest gift of life; spontaneity.

She didn't know how long it would last. All she was sure of was that she'd made a start, right here, right now. She didn't want to miss a beat.

Her chest relaxed. The velvet drapes had been drawn aside to reveal the mersmerizing glow of the ardent moon crowning the veil of the night. It was a sight she was glad she was alive to capture with the lenses of her heart.